Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First ever attempt of a mosaic of the moon

Hello all after a weekend away in Torquay with my partner celebrating 10 years together the thick cloud and weather was nice enough to clear up the night we got home, so I was straight out with the scope in the freezing cold, as it was to bright to try for any dso's I ended up trying a mosaic of the moon for the first time, anyway here is my result

Thanks for looking

Dale

post-21044-0-27175100-1358726458_thumb.p

Hi Grahame, yes it is very cold, I couldn't stay out to long as I didn't have the right cloths on lol,

I went out aiming to do some more dso's but every shot I took no matter where in the sky they were all washed out by the moon, in the end I gave up on that idea and turned my attention to the culprit and thought I would try a mosaic :smiley:

I used Backyard eos in the planetary setting x5 at iso 100, shutter speed 1/50. I took seven frames all together each frame consisted of 500 subs all aligned and stacked in registax and then put together in Photoshop with a little patience

Thanks for the deatils, I should have had a go a the moon myself.

I had a go at M42 again, but as you say the moon wasn' playing ball.

I was hoping M51 would come into view for me as it was away from the moon, bu the cloud rolled in before it cleared my house.

Hey ho, I got some good cold dark subs anyway,

Cheers,

Grahame.

Thank you Stem, It as a shame that the seeing / transparency wasn't better as that zoomed in on the moon the air was very wavy ( if you get what im saying ) focus was a pain but I think it turned out ok for a dslr.

Grahame, I didn't think of getting more dark subs, passed my mind as it was so cold last night lol might have to do that next time as you can never have to many dark frames lol

I used Backyard eos in the planetary setting x5 at iso 100, shutter speed 1/50. I took seven frames all together each frame consisted of 500 subs all aligned and stacked in registax and then put together in Photoshop with a little patience

Sorry Dale, just found the settings info but too late to edit my previous!

Thank you all for the kind words i will defiantly have another go at this when the seeing/ transparency is a lot better as there was a lot of turbulence in the air at the time i took this ,

Jake, I didn't use any filters with this, and your shot is simply stunning, the amount of detail you have there is out of this world lol much better than my attempt, shame you didn't manage to get the last two little segments though.

Archived