Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

my first Jupiter ever

Erquy

Hi

Just starting,

post-27995-0-53560200-1358074218_thumb.j

Skymax 102, Canon EOs 1100d at prime focus (not barlow). I only had a few seconds, cloudy weather (so no time for looking various exposure time,iso etc.. , but manage to take something).

1/3 s, ISO 400, 1 shot.

Cropped and played with levels to get out the moons on GIMP, last monday. I know over exposed (and the clouds did not help!). Any tips on what can be exposure/Iso welcome!

I think you'll just have to experiment to be honest. Using a DSLR isn't the ideal way to image planets. It could well be worth pushing the ISO up to 800 or even 1600 and then trying lots of different exposure times.

James

You may have better luck using video mode but the image will be very small, i don't think you will get much taking single shots but it is nice to get four moons like you did, keep it up & experiment, best thing with digital is no film wasted just time.

thanks for quick look. and commments

As you say need to experiment.... just frustrated of the weather those days. I got the telescope 1 week ago and only get the chance a few minutes between 2 clouds so far!!

Time will come!

It will too, i spent time setting up last week then 2 hours sat in / outside waiting for clouds to goto Wales :-) only to pack up & go & practice processing, take the time to read a few posts in SGL, a wealth of knowledge, browse the net for tips / tricks also & dont forget to save any good sites in your favorites :-)

Hi

and now my second one. Taken with EOS1100D, 2* barlow, Skymax 102, capture in Movrec *5 and stacked in registrax.

Just begining of the night (around 5.30 pm), not that many stars

I am quite happy for this 2sd shot!post-27995-0-08545800-1358627470_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

and now the 4th. I am getting there! And most surprisingly, pretty bad seeing tonight (naked eye, I can only see jupiter and Capella, high altitude clouds all over while above previous cases were really good conditions. Main difference below is that I use a new barlow (2,5 Revelation instead of the original 2* economical barlow that came with the scope). Hopefully better conditions in coming days!

post-27995-0-11386300-1361910276_thumb.j

I have a SW150 and the adaptor ring for the camera, but how are you attatching the camera to the barlow first? Great attempts by the way :grin:

I imagine there is a T-thread to 1.25" adaptor involved somewhere.

James

Nice one James funnily enough I have just been checking out my EPs and there is. I had never seen the thread on the Barlow before :-/ so there is something to try out next time I get clear skies. Sod's law it's clear right now but I have to have the kids tonight while the wife nips out and my garden is awful for LP

Then I continue! Tonight seeins was good and got that one. I could capture quite a lot so, I have plenty to process (and from this one, I can see now much more differences when processing). I caught Io at the same time.

post-27995-0-39340900-1362002214_thumb.j

about 90% of 2500 frames. 2,5 barlow, EOS1100D captures in Movrec *5, stack in registrax 6 and cropped in GIMP

Archived