Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eta Carinae hubble palette

RAC

Hi, i would love to here you views on this as its me very first attempt at a hubble palette image and my third ever narrow band image. You can make them look how ever you want so its a bit hard to know whats best but i spose if i like the colour thats all that matters.

I'll add a bi colour version using ha and olll tomorrow when i have time.

Only flats and, no other calibration frames. Very little noise reduction used.

12x5min ha

14x7min olll

6x7min sll

Atik 383L+ mono

baader 1.25in filters

TS filter drawer

Canon 400mm F5.6L lens @ f5.6

Celestron CGE mount guided.

Stacked in DSS, processed in PixInsight.

Full sized image here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46302893@N02/8370710447/sizes/o/in/photostream/

8370710447_fee197e599_b.jpg

Eta carinae Nebula hubble palette by meg rac, on Flickr

I had to stretch it cruelly to fit my 16x9 desktop, but it is still an amazing image - thanks RAC!

Ought to be a section in SGL to vote on our favourite pictures of the month - perhaps too eliteist, but there are so many I want to print out at A2+ and display....

I had to stretch it cruelly to fit my 16x9 desktop, but it is still an amazing image - thanks RAC!

Ought to be a section in SGL to vote on our favourite pictures of the month - perhaps too eliteist, but there are so many I want to print out at A2+ and display....

I know what you mean about it not desktop friendly but i cant stand an image that is not oriented for easy looking of the objects within. The keyhole nebula need to be up this way and i needed to do it in portrait to fit the gabriela mistral nebula in. Luckily it still looks good at 100%.

Thanks RAC - the second image now graces home and lock screens on my Android phone (without stretching) - hope this liberty is excused! The first greener image is my favourite, but green has been my favourite colour as long as I can recall - the detail is stunning even stretched to fit a 24" panel. Though I'm only half way through my first read of MEPC and can't comment on the technical side, IMHO it's an awesome piece of art.

Thanks RAC - the second image now graces home and lock screens on my Android phone (without stretching) - hope this liberty is excused! The first greener image is my favourite, but green has been my favourite colour as long as I can recall - the detail is stunning even stretched to fit a 24" panel. Though I'm only half way through my first read of MEPC and can't comment on the technical side, IMHO it's an awesome piece of art.

Haha yeah its the home screen on my s3 too

This is a gorgeous image :)

I've never had the privilege of photographing this one yet, the range in it looks amazing, and the delicate processing you have accomplished has really paid off.

I like the "less green" version myself, you could probably tweak the golden colours even a little more, but either way, this is fabulous. Really well done!

Tim

Archived