Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orion widefield - DSLR + 200mm lens

Gina

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are some full resolution sections of the above image. It is quite clear that this lens is very much better than the Vivitar and shows considerable promise :) I'm having problems uploading so I'll do one at a time.

Firstly then - bottom left.

post-13131-0-95462600-1358017808_thumb.p

very nice ... I want a go at this widefeild stuff ... it looks realy good

Thank you :) Yes, I like widefield and it's a bit different from the majority of DSO imaging.

Loverly widefield shot Gina via your Vivitar 200mm :grin: I've got a Vivitar f/4 100-200mm zoom that gives great images but don't have your LP free skies :embarrassed:

Thank you :)

That second wide field taken with the Takumar is fantastic Gina! the stars show noticably less CA with this lens than the vivitar, I also really like the processing on the second image so I don't know if this has shown less CA. I'll keep my eyes peeled for one of those Takumar's on Ebay thats for sure:)

That second wide field taken with the Takumar is fantastic Gina! the stars show noticably less CA with this lens than the vivitar, I also really like the processing on the second image so I don't know if this has shown less CA. I'll keep my eyes peeled for one of those Takumar's on Ebay thats for sure:)

Thank you :) Everything seems better with the Takumar :) I'm dying to try the 314L+ on it. I'm looking at making up some brackets to mount it on top of my ST80 guide scope.

As you've mentioned, the Vivitar let's it down a little with some elongation in the corners. ISO1600 has also increased the grain somewhat which is a shame (or maybe this is due to the processing?). Have you tried using 800 to see whether this improves noise (though you may need to compensate a little with exposure)? Being a devoted Nikon man, I'm not sure how well the 1100D manages noise. Nice image though Gina.

As you've mentioned, the Vivitar let's it down a little with some elongation in the corners. ISO1600 has also increased the grain somewhat which is a shame (or maybe this is due to the processing?). Have you tried using 800 to see whether this improves noise (though you may need to compensate a little with exposure)? Being a devoted Nikon man, I'm not sure how well the 1100D manages noise. Nice image though Gina.

Thank you :) I've found ISO 1600 to be the optimum in tests.

Very nice shot Gina. I'm definitely impressed by the Takumar lens, it looks really good.

Oh, and please send some of those clear skies to us :cool:

/Lars

Thank you :) Yes, I'm impressed too. Amen about the clear skies :D

Archived