NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

shw mae from south wales

sparkyjon

Hello from south wales..

im jon and i am just relighting an old passion for astronomy from many years ago as a child ,and due to recently breaking my ankle quite badly and possibly giving up Troutfishing, one of the things i loved about Troutfishing was a clear night and looking up at the stars so i'm going to carry that on but from my garden...

i'm hoping to glean as much info as i can off you lot.

if there is anyone around south wales (neath/swansea) area that can put me in touch with others or a club or even good dark spots please either drop me a pm or post on here,

as i said i havent used a scope since i was about 9 years old so really looking forwardto getting close up and personal again..

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers. One thing Im viewing this on my android phone and Im reading my first post and it says i like trout fishing? ??? I didn't enter that i put in Troutfishing.

Any ideas why that has happened when i wrote the post i did it on my laptop so it couldn't be auto correct lol.

The fish to which you refer is often used as an alternative form of the same word with the middle two letters reversed in order and has apparently been blocked in some situations as a result.

James

Hi Jon,

Welcome to the forum, do stop by the South Wales Group sub forum here. We have observing meets / get togethers at a site in Blaenavon. There's one scheduled for this Saturday (weather permitting) if you would be interested.

Cheers.

Archived