Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Which Conditions Is Best For Observing?

Mr Q

I think the Telegraph's satellite picture of Britain on the right has been Photoshopped. I can't ever remember it being that clear. :grin:
I can. I'd just had a knee operation and had to keep my leg elevated for a few days -- which I managed to stretch out to a week on the sofa in the back garden!

Wow! I just went to a U.K. weather site and looked at the satellite loop - the whole empire is socked in with clouds and rain for the next few days or more. I don't know how you guys deal with so many long periods of clouds. Maybe that's why SGL has so many members :confused: Lots to read on those cloudy nights :grin: Really, it's because the site is just so awesome! Been on a dozen or more and this one' s is the best by far :rolleyes:

The weather has been particularly bad this year. There's a chance it may be the wettest year (ie. highest rainfall) since records began in 1910 and I think it's certainly going to be in the "top five" wettest years. Some days I do seriously wonder about emigrating :)

James

The weather has been particularly bad this year. There's a chance it may be the wettest year (ie. highest rainfall) since records began in 1910 and I think it's certainly going to be in the "top five" wettest years. Some days I do seriously wonder about emigrating :)

James

A great year though if you happen to be a slug! For the rest of us rickets is on the increase (lack of vitamin D through little exposure to the sun).

Archived