NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M31 - First Attempt with a Baby Q

AndrewG

Had a clear night at last so managed to get a few hours with the Tak FSQ using a standard Canon DSLR, did M31 first as a reference image; a low res version of the stacked image is below.

M31 - Andromeda

Images taken with APT and stacked using RAW with DSS, finished off with Photoshop.

What do you think? Any advice would be welcomed.

Excellent start. This is the best imaging telescope I've ever used, with no vices and really consistent results. Worth every penny! Just get much more data.

Olly

Thanks Olly for the advice, will push more frames etc. next time out.

P.S. had to change the Borg FL71 for the TAK as had issues with my full frame sensor...

Great job, and I really love the framing. Thanks for sharing.

Beautiful!!

I'm with Gina on this one - great, great image Andrew!

I think that's wonderful - lovely image with lots of detail :)

Excellent start. This is the best imaging telescope I've ever used, with no vices and really consistent results. Worth every penny! Just get much more data.

Olly

Thanks guys for all for your great comments; as I am sure you all know it is quite a steep learning curve so its good to know I am heading in the right direction.

Hi Guy,

Thanks for the advice, will look into using a star mask but I have had issues with getting the colour right as I am using DSS with Canon Raw; SGL has some other threads on it.

Maybe I will also try and stack in something else to get better colour and post the result?

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice indeed and not an easy target ! .. I have scope envy..

You seem to have lost the star colour somewhere along the line? try and preserve the stars with a mask ;)

Hi Guy,

Given your thread I have given Pixinsight a go and think the colour is now much better, attached is a new link....

M31 - Pixinsight Process

Thanks to Harry Page for his great online tutorials!!!

Outstanding result for a dslr !!

cheers,

Harel

+1, Cracking DLSR image.

Hi

Must have used the colour correction tool as the colour is very good :grin:

Excellent start :kiss:

Harry

Thanks for all the great comments & yes Harry I did use the colour correction tool :grin: !!

Archived