Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

GRS 05/12/12

beamish

Thanks guys, Darryl- meant to say "hot off the press" but you know how thoughts change by the time your fingers hit the keyboard :) I think I've got some better data lingering from a little earlier in the eve, so I'll take a closer look when I get some time at home late tonight. Not had many oppos to get out under the sky at all these past few months -not likely to improve for me until mid Jan when I get a bit more free time

Nice shots Karlo! Good detail there. Looks like you need to raise black some to give more contrast I'm getting a background halo showing on this screen. Seeing was very mixed last night I nearly packed up before it improved around 23-30.

He's not wrong, you know. If I load the image into GIMP the halo is quite obvious if you use levels and move the centre point to the left. I can't see it on my monitor normally, but it's quite clearly there in GIMP.

James

Hya Neil, captures were 100secs fer except for B 120secs but I got greedy with the gain I think , to go for the higher fps :( So I'll be moving back to between 70-75% max Not put any of this data thru WinJupos

Ok well if your willing to have to cope with red and blue edges, i would say 3 mins a channel are doable even 5 mins is. you could also try 3 rgbs one after the other taking 1 min shots each, then de rotate all nine images and combine the 3 reds 3 greens and blues. for 3 min captures That way. Just a thought

Archived