Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A question for someone clever.

DaveGarland

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably one of the best places that we could generate a lot of power but theres a problem, a couples of toads, yes same old story. I am not going to bang a drum here, no sence.

Jim

Haha! when i read that, the first thought that entered my head was 'politicians'.

What is the big power station you can see from the bridge on the England up river side?

You can probably see Hinkley Point downriver on the English side. I wasn't aware that there was a power station further up though.

JAmes

You can probably see Hinkley Point downriver on the English side. I wasn't aware that there was a power station further up though.

JAmes

Up river is Oldbury nuclear power station which was shut down this year, I'm based in the Technology centre there. Another 15-20 miles north is the old Berkeley nuclear power station which shut down a long time ago, and I was also based at the technology centre there :)

Up river is Oldbury nuclear power station which was shut down this year, I'm based in the Technology centre there. Another 15-20 miles north is the old Berkeley nuclear power station which shut down a long time ago, and I was also based at the technology centre there :)

I see a trend ;)

I don't even know why I am looking at this thread it is obviously not addressed to me

Lol, its funny, there a lot of hits on this thread. Obviously amateur astronomers consider themselves smart, or they were just curious to see what the smart folk think.....

Sorry not convinced that the so called ECO energy alternatives are actually viable. Besides being a real blot on the landscape they just dont produce enough energy. I believe the figures work out that we would have to be building wind farms for the next 100 years covering virtually every inch of countryside to provide for the ever growing energy required in this country alone. Tidal and Solar resources fair no better. Seems to me the solution is for education in energy control and vastly inflated investment into fusion research. Oh and maybe a human cull wouldnt go a miss. :eek:

Yes, lets start off with tree huggers, NIMBYS, Friends of the Earth, Light Pollution Lobby and ECO Warriors, thats just a start :)

The NIMBYs would be the ones saying "Don't build wind farms and solar panel installations where they might affect me and my views", presumably?

James

Archived