Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What Flattener and rings for Megrez 72?

Hi All,

Expecting a Megrez 72 arriving shortly and it will be using primarily as my first imaging scope :)

Can anyone advise what flattener works best as I've read loads and there's mixed opinions between several ones, if possible can you provide example images aswell.

I have been looking at getting the WO 90mm scope rings and was planning on padding them with felt to make up the extra few mm it would need, does anyone else use this setup with imaging and get on fine with it, if not could you suggest some other decent scope rings?

Thanks

I can't help with the tube rings as I have attached the Megrez 72 'shoe' to a Losmandy mounting plate and this works superbly. As for the focal reducer/field flattener, the WO FR III works well although I only use mine with a relatively small sensor (SXVF-H9). See Ha images below:-

post-1029-0-94399400-1354573802_thumb.jp

post-1029-0-88983500-1354573822_thumb.jp

Archived