NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jones 1 - again.

Komet

Strange coincidence. A little imaged object - twice in a week and unconnected. I was rather surprised to see Francks image as it is a bit of a rarity. Anyway here is my take ....

Its a large albeit awkward target. Not a lot in RGB but very obvious in Ha and OIII. Limited time on this as the weather has been so bad virtually all year, one evening every couple of weeks does tend to cramp your style somewhat. Don't get me started on the moon .... :grin:

Nice to see the small area of faint nebulosity at lower right of the PN

Jones 1 (PK104-29.1)

T: MN190

C: IMG2Pro

F: Astronomik Ha, OIII, RG & B

M: NEQ6Pro + EQMod

G: SX OAG + SX Lodestar

Soft -

Capture: Sequence Generator Pro

Guiding : Astroart5

Process: Pixinsight

Ha: 12 x 1200s 1x1

OIII: 8 x 1200s 1x1

RGB : 12 x 300 1x1 each

komet_jones1.jpg

Great shot, Mick! I'm adding this to my to-do list.

Tell me, though, how do you find enough back-focus on the MN190 to use the SX-AO unit? I have the AO unit too but have nowhere near enough back focus to use it with my QSI camera with the built-in filters and OAG.

Adrian

Great shot, Mick! I'm adding this to my to-do list.

Tell me, though, how do you find enough back-focus on the MN190 to use the SX-AO unit?

I don't use Active Optics. I use the SX Off Axis Guider - this on the SX filter wheel.

Thankyou for all the comments. I would love to be able to put a lot of time into this as it really needs it. Unfortunately, like most of the rest of the UK the weather dictates the time and for months it has been rubbish. Even when its clear the seeing is poor as the atmosphere has been soaked.

<< I don't use Active Optics. I use the SX Off Axis Guider

Ah, right; I misread your OP.

<< Even when its clear the seeing is poor as the atmosphere has been soaked

Second that! I can't remember a year with so many milky wet skies. And of course the few promising nights just inevitably seem to come around full Moon.

Adrian

Archived