NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

CLones, clones, clones... help me decide?

kriss13

Hi Kriss13, the 3mm magnification of x238 is really pushing it in my view, can you really justify that magnification where you live? To be honest I think the 6mm William Optics SPL would suit better, giving you 119x. This is very fine planetary ep. The Vixen NPL is a plossl and will have the corresponding tight eye relief in the shorter focal lengths.

• 1 month later...

thanks guys, the thing is the there is WO SPL and the other clones of it to chose from.

Anyone made a comparison between them?

Are there any advantages to choose WO instead of Vixen beside ER difference (light transmission, better for short FL refractors etc.... you name it)

All these eyepiece look alike but may have different quality level within. Some even made the remark on another thread that some could even be 'B' grade.

I have owned Astro Pro and the quaitly is fine. WO will also be of the highest quqlity. The others I have no knowledge of. I have to say I agree with Robin 3mm is too much magnification in my opinion, I would look at 4mm though there is not much choice. The 4mm Nirvana has good reports from site members which is probably the same a WO UWAN 4mm but cheaper.

Alan.

The vixen NLV - are different from the vixen plossl - they are long relief 20mm and made in japan and very sharp. Although the field of view is only 45 deg. I owned a 4mm NLV and it was a nice lens. A 5mm or 6mm could be a good choice. The WO 6mm SPL as indicated is also good - i would expect the vixen to be better corrected though.

andrew

• 1 month later...

Thank you for all the info.

What I need is sharpness as much as possible (no matter what FOV or ER, I still have very good eye sight :)).

Vixen NLV seems to be the choice, and I think 3, 4, 5 mm will fill my needs.

(Now I read about Baader Orhos have even better contrast/sharpness... damn is hell to go shopping for EPs)

Archived