Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first ever astro images!!!

Grant

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Using my new scope, it was pretty damn bright tonight!!! Lots of fun, saw Saturn, Orion, Mars, awesome!!!!!

I processed these by stacking a few of my best shots in registax, another first!! I then processed them in GIMP.....

I'm excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a verygood start there Grant you got it all there and for first shots i would say excellent , , now all you need to do is to come back on the exposure it was avery bright moon i always find using filters helps ro retain the definintion a lot better and allows better control over exposure , get that right mate and you arewelll on the way to good imaging ,

Cheers

Rog

How did you do that Rog? That looks awesome!!! I think I lost some of the focus in registax, I was just blindly hitting buttons and hoping for the best, I would love to know how you got that result Rog!!!

Thanks guys for your kind words, can't wait to get out again now!!!!

not sure how you take your images Grant , mine is AVIs so i open up the AVI IN REGISTAX  set the % at 75 % and hit align , after that i optimise, and finally stack , once stacked i use the wavlett. using the first two adjustments only never go above  1.7 on the first two , after that i go to final and save , the main work after is done in PS WHERE I USE THE LEVELS,  , but before that any bright areas i use the lasso and then switch to levels and move the slider bars to darken that part , this u can carry out all over the image in sections , dont go to hard as this will notice , to overcome this set the feather to around 50, whilst carrying out this part u can also hit the quick focus under enhance do this only once though , i seldom use the the other sharpening tools as i dont like them a lot , i think its always best to get it really good on the initial take of the image it does mean a lot less work , another thing when taking frames keep them as dark as poss they will always some up bright on registax after stacking ,

Ok having said all this  , the planets require maybe more processing , this i mean in the wavletts , but once again i have found the better the image at first makes a huge difference to the final image , i,m afraid it is trial and error mainly , but this is how i go about it , some others may think different , try them all i say see what suits you best Grant ,

Cheers

Rog

Nice one grant - as I was flicking through the first few images, I was thinking "with a little levels, these are going to look great". The guys have done a great job in processing.

Fantastic first images, in fact I'd be fairly happy with them now!!!

Ant

Archived