Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Takahashi FSQ 85 "Baby Q"

Earl

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well now for the text as the picture are all there:

So well packed, double Wall boxes with foam padding, 3 boxes in total, more foam bits inside.

The rotator and adapters fit together so smoothly, none of the usual metal sounds just silk smooth.

The finish is spotless. the feel of the build is firm if that makes sense.

Cant wait for first light !!!

Hi Earl - you'll love the new Tak. Two weeks ago I received my dream scope the Tak FSQ106, and it looks identical to the FSQ85 only slightly bigger. As you mention the build quality of the Tak is outstanding and it's chunky for it's aperture size as well - and heavier than I expected. The rotator cuff is fantastcic, no more messing around with tiny grub screws and alum keys under a red light to get the proper framing. The focusser is also great - beautifully sharp, accurate and snaps into focus & holds once there. Keep us posted on how you get on & look forward to your first images.

Martin

Hi Earl - you'll love the new Tak. Two weeks ago I received my dream scope the Tak FSQ106, and it looks identical to the FSQ85 only slightly bigger. As you mention the build quality of the Tak is outstanding and it's chunky for it's aperture size as well - and heavier than I expected. The rotator cuff is fantastcic, no more messing around with tiny grub screws and alum keys under a red light to get the proper framing. The focusser is also great - beautifully sharp, accurate and snaps into focus & holds once there. Keep us posted on how you get on & look forward to your first images.

Martin

I got the same scope yesterday, thought to start with the box within a box etc etc was someone trying to wind me up. But yes very safe packaging and scope looks awesome. Cannot wait to try it but of course the weather here is not cooperating.

Velvet

I feel that the FSQ85 is the best small imaging scope of them all. It has one advantage over big brother and that's holding focus while cooling. Many 106 owners end up needing Robofocus. However, big brother gets even faster than Baby with the reducer!

Great little scope. It just does it. (How much of your setup can you say that about???) It's quite exciting that the Baby Q is taking off like this. I now know five people who've recently taken the considerable financial plunge and chosen this scope.

FIne choice, Earl.

Olly

I feel that the FSQ85 is the best small imaging scope of them all. It has one advantage over big brother and that's holding focus while cooling. Many 106 owners end up needing Robofocus. However, big brother gets even faster than Baby with the reducer!

Great little scope. It just does it. (How much of your setup can you say that about???) It's quite exciting that the Baby Q is taking off like this. I now know five people who've recently taken the considerable financial plunge and chosen this scope.

FIne choice, Earl.

Olly

Having recently bought an FSQ85 I have to agree with Olly - great scope!

I did umm & r between the 85 & 106 but finally decided on the 85 as the FOV suited me better.

I was thinking of getting the reducer (same one as used by the FSQ106 I think?) but was wondering if I could use the filter-wheel with it. As usual, not much information on the specifics!

As said previousle Earl, a fine choice!

Pete

Pete it would be worth sending Olly Penrice a PM regarding spacing as im sure he has it sorted :)

Hi Earl,

I bought mine from Green Witch as well, so I have asked Lee @ Green Witch the question. I will let you know the reply as I.m sure it will be of interest to you as well?

I'm sure Olly gets enough P.M's as it is :grin:

Regards,

Pete

Congrats with the FSQ, Great setup !, and awesome scope !

The boxes of the Takahashi telescopes are always nice to see, i think one of the best shipping methods you can get.

Have fun the next clear night you can get ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Earl,

I bought mine from Green Witch as well, so I have asked Lee @ Green Witch the question. I will let you know the reply as I.m sure it will be of interest to you as well?

I'm sure Olly gets enough P.M's as it is :grin:

Regards,

Pete

Not at all. I send a few as well! Please feel free.

Olly

• 3 weeks later...

Archived