Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Kielder Autum 2007

Jamie

Well its only about 2.5 weeks till this event begins.

I think that its near on fully booked which will make it a massive turnout this time.

I am also expecting a great turnout from SGL members (many going for the first time)

As i was unavailable to go to Kelling i am probably getting over excited about it.

Its gonna be a hoot.... :occasion5: :drunken:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snap !! I'm already thinking about all the packing !!! Cripes I had no idea there was sooo much to take. Jamie, perhaps a daft question, but what's security like ? Are there marshalls etc around- I mean what's to stop Berty burgler and his pals lifting kit ?

Karlo

Hi Karlo

There is no dedicated security as such......BUT

As well as the marshals on duty helping out and answering questions. (kielder starcamp has been built on trust) and not in a naive way either...

There are always folk looking out for one another. Some of the guys that go there are big

blokes that you just wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of. ;)

Seriously though, the site is never deserted.

I don't have a problem leaving my scope out even when i am not there because of the

guys next to you looking out for your kit while you're away. (plus i do the same for them)

You normally get a better class of human being at these events and unwanted strangers stand out like a sore thumb...

On another upside, Kielder starcamp is out in the middle of nowhere so the opportunist thief is unlikely.

In all the time Kielder starcamp has been running i have never heard of anything being stolen

I did say it'd be a daft question. :oops:

You wouldn't be counting yourself amongst those "really big blokes"would you ? Thanks for the reply though, my mate and I are seriously looking fwd to the party and the camping and just soaking it all up whether the clouds stay away or not ! :( Just trying to start gathering kit together as I type.

Cheers, will see you there, Karlo. ;):wink:

Karlo

Jamie is big. And hairy. And scary!!!

And I'm planning on camping next to him!!!!!

Looking forward to this lots!! Will be good to meet some more SGL faces. I'll have a little logo stuck to a guy rope ;)

Don't let them kid you Karlo.

I'm as tame as a tame thing... ;)

The guys on SGL like to in a fun way emphasize the olde Scots/Glaswegian stigma.

Jeeze, Daz is a far bigger bloke than me at 6ft2" i think.

I am a petite 5ft 11"

[quote author=Jamie link=topic=17378.msg180344#msg180344 date=1190567217

I am a petite 5ft 11"

Would that be height or girth ? ;):wink::lol: :lol: You won't mistake me for an anorexic ! :(:D I'll be waiting for you all .

The guys on SGL like to in a fun way emphasize the olde Scots/Glaswegian stigma.

I am a petite 5ft 11"

And I'm taller than both of 'em! :wink:

I think what makes people a little edgy of our Jamie is the tatoo on his forehead saying 'DEATH TO ALL'.....

Tony...

I am a petite 5ft 11"

And I'm taller than both of 'em! :(

I think what makes people a little edgy of our Jamie is the tatoo on his forehead saying 'DEATH TO ALL'.....

Tony...

I said bigger not taller. :wink: Lanky git!! :D:lol:

Jeeze do i have to.

I am still emotionally scarred from the last time i lost to you.

May be this time i will try to play sober (that will be a new experience for me) :(:D:lol:

Sober and Kielder ;) , sorry mate You've lost me there :lol: is this some sort of sick new therapy to keep Your mind off sleep :wink:

Archived