Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pelican from balcony - but what?

perfrej

Folks,

The automation is now more or less flawless and I can start the sessions up from my iPad or even my phone. The only thing I do not yet have is a good automated flat source and some kind of cover.

This is 27 x 10 minutes of Ha and 23 x 10 minutes of O3 mixed up with Ha in R, Ha*O3 in a synthetic G and O3 in B.

I am curious as to the blue shading up to towards the top right of the picture. I let it be because it is very evident in O3 as you get deeper. Maybe it is an O3 cloud in front of that part of the nebula. I'll investigate this and maybe shoot a really deep sequence of O3 just for verification. It is consistent in the O3 stack and there are no subs with occasional clouds passing by in any of the subs. Hmmm... Thinking :confused:

I would appreciate comments on the blue shade - and I do not believe it to be a gradient...

Tools:

Takahashi FSQ106EDXIII on NEQ6 on balcony pier v2.0

SBIG ST-8300M, SX Wheel with Baader 36mm filters.

SBIG ST-i guide camera on Orion Short 80

CCD Autopilot in front of MaximDL, ASCOM, FocusMax and PinPoint. Re-focus every four frames and every new filter.

Flats and Bias processing in Nebulosity 3.

Image registration, integration, stretch and ACDNR in Pixinsight.

Star reduction (Peter Shah's), colour assembly and tweaks in PS CS5.

Human pilot soundly asleep after first sub start :cool:

Full res JPG: http://filer.frejvall.se/2012-09-12-Pelican.jpg

Thanks,

Per

2012-09-12-Pelican-800.jpg

Archived