NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A little gem Takahashi FS-60CB

Earl

I bought this little scope on ABS last week, Parcel Force have finally managed to get it to my hands...I digress..

All I have done is take it out the box and examine it.

The Finish of the OTA is a very smooth glossy white, the usual Tak off white green for the rest.

Although this only has a single speed focuser the action is silky smooth, the focus lock is nice and positive, it will be interesting to see if there is any image shift when applying it.

The finder is again well finished and has a very nice crisp image.

The small clam shell style clamp is solid has a generous green felt lining, the tightening knob has a smooth action.

First impression. gorgeous !!

Ill have a first light tonight.

I bought this for a bit of visual, some very wide-field imaging and will share guiding duties with the FSQ85 when that arrives.

post-6688-0-47336200-1346845130_thumb.jp

Just Googled the FSQ85. It doesn't look like £3.5k worth of scope- those 85mm optics must be damn good!

Oh yes it does... once you use it. It's the best astrograph I have ever seen or used. It never fails. And yes, the optics are damned good, the best in the world.

Olly

M45-COMPOSITE-FL-XL.jpg

Today I received a 2inch adapter for this little scope as it is supplied with only a 1.25" im also going to try it out with the old faithful sky watcher F5-6 flattener this has to be the 4th of the things i have owned !

The sky watcher flattener comes in almost £140 cheaper than the dedicated Takahashi one so its worth a try i feel.

post-6688-0-82080600-1347470509_thumb.jp

post-6688-0-79233300-1347470519_thumb.jp

Very nice setup, I manage to pick up one of these earlier this year. Have not managed to get a first light with it yet and use it as a guide scope at the moment, It is a fantastic little sciope and so well made.

Where did you get the 2" adaptor for it. (I get so confused when I look at the Tak charts)

Very nice setup, I manage to pick up one of these earlier this year. Have not managed to get a first light with it yet and use it as a guide scope at the moment, It is a fantastic little sciope and so well made.

Where did you get the 2" adaptor for it. (I get so confused when I look at the Tak charts)

I ordered one from Green Witch.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Earl I to have one of these little jems , awsome optics and build .

See my thread started today " my new Takahashi Sky90 ", These are the easiest scopes to use , I have mine on a GSO /astrotech voyager alt az mount and its so easy to take out and view , from 12x with my 82 degree Celestron Axiom LX ( which is awsome on the southern milky way ) up to over 200x with the 1.6x ExtenderQ and 2.5mm Vixen Lanthium LV , great little scope that I love .

Condulations again on a beauty .

Brian.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Today I received a 2inch adapter for this little scope as it is supplied with only a 1.25" im also going to try it out with the old faithful sky watcher F5-6 flattener this has to be the 4th of the things i have owned !

The sky watcher flattener comes in almost £140 cheaper than the dedicated Takahashi one so its worth a try i feel.

I know this thread is very old, but how did the skywatcher field Flattener bear on the little Tak, did it work or have you had to buy the more expensive Tak one?

Cheers

MM

I got the dedicated flatterner but not reducer, I don't recall trying the SW one.

Sent from my XPS 10 using Tapatalk

Oh ok

It was just that you showed a pic of it earlier in the thread with the skywatcher Flattener on, and you were

naming to try it, but guess you never got round to it.

Thanks anyway

MM

Archived