Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from the West Country!

brympton

Hello all and thanks for all the information on this site which we have neen quietly absorbing over the past few weeks. My son and I live on the edge of Yeovil in Somerset and have been keen amatuer astronomers for a few years now. We are members of the Norman Lockyer Observatory near Sidmouth (fantastic dark site). We have met a couple of the people on this forum: Steve from FLO (nice chap) and Lee (also a nice chap) and hope to meet many more. Although we are happy with our current equipment: William Optics Zenithstar 100 Triplet and Z66, Skywatcher 250px and an EQ6 Pro complete with wildly incorrect polar alignment instructions! We do tend to travel around a bit rather than put up with our limited and light polluted view from the back garden. Currently we are considering eyepiece options and find ourselves being drawn to a set of Baader Hyperions and maybe a TMB Paragon. These seem to be of good quality and have the right characteristics at a "reasonable" price although we have as yet to look through one!

Kind Regards

Mark & David

Welcome guys,

I used to work not far from there (West Stour) - about 10 miles away I beleive.

You are quite lucky in having some lovely dark skies nearby, so your travels shouldn't be too far!

Thats a nice list of equipment you have there...

Ant

Welcome to SGL Mark and David! I live in Taunton myself and when I can I get myself out to the Blackdowns for some dark skies. There's a few of us in the Somerset/Devon area.

The Hyperions (21 & 8mm) work well in my 10" f/4.7. I'm waiting for a chance to try a 30mm Paragon so can't tell you what they are like!!

James

Greetings Mark and David. You have some good kit there, and coupled with dark skies, your astronomy must be very rewarding.

Nice to have you with us on SGL, and we can answer all the questions you wish. Just ask away if you feel the need.

Best Wishes.

Ron. ;)

Archived