NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

International astronomy show Warwick 2013

It's in the diary.

Whilst Astrofest is very good, the long journey and the cramped conditions always put a bit of a dampener on the day. This looks to address both these issues and it has good parking and an outside area and it's less than a hour away (not the 3 hours it is for Astrofest). The range of retailers/manufacturers attending looks equally as good as at Astrofest, if not better.

My only worry is that there won't be a wide range of surplus stock on sale because it will have been sold off at Astrofest 2 months earlier.

£7 entry per day, but that's only entry to look at dealers' stands and be persuaded spend more money.

£6 per talk on top of that and there are 8 talks spread over the two days. So potentially £62 per adult if you wanted to attend everything. Far too expensive!

Looks interesting. Never been to astrofest as cannot be bother with the hassle of getting in to London. This is much closer to home. Slighly worrying that this takes place just a few weeks after when we usually receive our perfromance related bonus at work. The £7 entrance fee may be just the start of a very long and slippery slope!!!

Maybe this is S @ N magazines answer to Astronomy Now and Astrofest? Nice to have some extra competition, might get the odd good deal out of it and it might get other sellers up there. Not everybody can go to London and see Astrofest. I have been for the last three years and to me it seems to be loosing its edge, new blood around the corner maybe?

Peter

Maybe this is S @ N magazines answer to Astronomy Now and Astrofest?

No - the show was conceived and well down the road before S@N jumped on the bandwagon.

The exhibition stands are a lot cheaper for the retailers than Astrofest, so no doubt that helps their support - and of course its probably better for them to be there than not.

The venue does seem rather off the beaten track, though...

I expect i'll be there for one day or two. though...

Callum

£7 entry per day, but that's only entry to look at dealers' stands and be persuaded spend more money.

£6 per talk on top of that and there are 8 talks spread over the two days. So potentially £62 per adult if you wanted to attend everything. Far too expensive!

I usually go to Astrofest for one day and book one session of talks. From my recollection, Astrofest is £15 per session (for 4 x 45 minute talks). The event in Warwick is £7 to get in + £6 per (what appears to be) 1.5 hour talk. That would be £19 for two talks + admission. Whilst that's £4 more expensive than Astrofest, it would save me over £10 on tube fares and a lot less hassle.

Of course, I may simply end up going to both!

• 3 weeks later...

Added to the diary. Not too far to go from where I am currently sat (walking distance!)

I have been to a few shows at this venue- mostly model shows with the kids. Access & parking are easy enough, above it's centrally located within the UK motorway network so should accessable to more poeple.

Archived