Ring Nebula

SwampStar

Been trying to find this bad boy for ages. Got him tonight! 25mm eyepiece in my SW130 and I could also just make out the darker centre area. Clearest night here for months. Started (as always) with Andromeda and finished with The Coathanger for good measure! Hadn't seen that before either. Great night!

Thank you all. It's always good finding something for the first time, especially after several unsuccessful attempts. I start every session with Andromeda since I found that a couple of months ago.

The Coathanger was a total accident...I was just bino-scanning the Milky Way and it popped right out!

Any ideas on what to look for next?

Been trying to find this bad boy for ages. Got him tonight! 25mm eyepiece in my SW130 and I could also just make out the darker centre area. Clearest night here for months. Started (as always) with Andromeda and finished with The Coathanger for good measure! Hadn't seen that before either. Great night!

done the same with the same scope...its funny you try and try for ages then when you finally spot it you wonder how you could have missed it hehe...

Archived