Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first attempt at Solar imaging

Jamie

Here you go folks my first attempt.

Not great i know but its a start...

1247_normal.jpeg

This prominence was taken today around 12ish.

Honestly folks the image does NOT do what i seen for myself justice...

The image was taken using the 350D and my trusted £40 digital camera. Taken through my PST...

I took 2 images then merged them.

Cheers for the comments guys its much appreciated.

Tom i took the first image with the 350D which gave me the disc but no prominence (think its a focus issue IMHO).

Then i took my digital camera and hand held it over a 12mm Cemax eyepice to image the prominence.

Then i just merged the images together and croped the best bit...

I know its not exactly conventional but look at the result...

Cheers for the comments guys its much appreciated.

Tom i took the first image with the 350D which gave me the disc but no prominence (think its a focus issue IMHO).

Then i took my digital camera and hand held it over a 12mm Cemax eyepice to image the prominence.

Then i just merged the images together and croped the best bit...

I know its not exactly conventional but look at the result...

Yep .... the image speaks for itself

Good one

The difficulty in imaging prominences is the dynamic range. That is, the huge difference in brightness of the disk and the prominence. The eye can easily compensate, but a camera cannot, so it's a much better view with the eye than an image.

Nice one, Jamie!

Great first image with your pst :sunny:

I don,t know if you already know this or not but by turning the etalon tuning ring clockwise will make the disc blank and act like a prominence filter , i,m not an imager myself but what usually happens is that images of proms on the limb and then disc surface detail,s are processed seperately and then combined to make the complete image.

Brian

Archived