SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Skywatcher price cuts!

FLO

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Just added an EQ6 PRO Synscan to my shopping trolley to go with my second hand Skywatcher 10", went to checkout, entered sglflo but to my horror received this message:

The discount number you entered (sglflo) was not found, has expired or is not applicable.

MikeP mentioned that FLO wasn't able to offer a discount after the price cuts for the Skywatcher mounts. Is this still the case?

And while I'm at it - do I need the heavy duty mount for the 10" or would the cheaper HEQ5 Pro Synscan do?

Thanks,

Ramin.

Due to the price cuts Steve posted his intention to withdraw Skywatcher products from the discount scheme.I can't really give definitive info re the HEQ5 pro but as a guess I should think the 10'' is probably right on the limits of the mounts capabilities-more likely to need EQ6 (PRO ?)

Karlo

Hi Ramin

I just want to put what little confusion there is at bay concerning the EQ6 Pro Synscan

mounts.

About 5 or 6 weeks ago that mount cost between £1050 & £1150 less what ever discount was on the go at the time. Now its £819

Steve openly stated that he could no longer apply the SGL discount to these Skywatcher items before this change in price happened.

What more can i say???

Oh and BTW if you want to mount a 10" reflector an EQ6 would be a minimum requirement

for a scope of that size....(if it was to be used for imaging)

If its just for visual work then the HEQ5 would suffice....

Hi Ramin,

Unfortunately Skywatcher products have been withdrawn from the discount scheme following these remarkable price reductions. Details HERE. We do however actively price-check the competition so you need not pay extra to shop at FLO.

The HEQ5 will carry the 250px though you will need an additional counterweight or an extension dec shaft. For regular observing, this setup is perfectly adequate but for imaging the extra bulk and load-bearing capacity of the EQ6 makes it the preferred choice.

Hope that helps.

<edit> Ah, I see Karlo and Jamie got there before me :lol:

Skywatcher's importers have sprung a series of unexpected price-cuts with the most dramatic being the Skywatcher HEQ5 and EQ6 mounts and the kits that include them. Normally I'd shout it from the rooftops but the sudden way that it has been announced has rather caught us dealers on the hop and there is no official mechanism for compensating those who have only recently purchased. If you have been adversely effected please phone and I will do whatever I can :salute:

For those planning to buy either a Skywatcher HEQ5 or EQ6, there has never been a better time! Both mounts are market-leaders for their price with absolutely no serious competition. The Skywatcher HEQ5 PRO and EQ6 PRO have also been reduced.

Hi Steve,

Hope you're feeling a bit better today?

Looking at the FLO site yesterday the price for an HEQ5 Pro Goto was £639, today it's £669! :lol:

I also now see that Opticstar have upped their price it was £629, they are also showing a price of £669 today..... So why the change in price?

This is a bit of a set back for me as I am saving my pennies for one.

regards

RB

Hi Roy,

Yes, the price was increased yesterday by approx 5% after a round of price-checking. If you are planning to purchase sometime over the next few days, phone through the order and I'll sell you one at the previous price. Also, we do price-match :lol:

Hi Roy,

Yes, the price was increased yesterday by approx 5% after a round of price-checking. If you are planning to purchase sometime over the next few days, phone through the order and I'll sell you one at the previous price. Also, we do price-match :D

Steve,

Aaaahh you tempt me sir ..... :lol:

Thanks for the offer .... generous as always to us loungers.

Now ...how to sell the deal to my investment capital team? (significant other half) :D

RB

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Roy,

Yes, the price was increased yesterday by approx 5% after a round of price-checking. If you are planning to purchase sometime over the next few days, phone through the order and I'll sell you one at the previous price. Also, we do price-match :D

Steve, what price would that be, £635?

I've been looking at the HEQ5 Pro for a while....didn't expect the price increase. :?

Archived