Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher price cuts!

FLO

Skywatcher's importers have sprung a series of unexpected price-cuts with the most dramatic being the Skywatcher HEQ5 and EQ6 mounts and the kits that include them. Normally I'd shout it from the rooftops but the sudden way that it has been announced has rather caught us dealers on the hop and there is no official mechanism for compensating those who have only recently purchased. If you have been adversely effected please phone and I will do whatever I can :salute:

For those planning to buy either a Skywatcher HEQ5 or EQ6, there has never been a better time! Both mounts are market-leaders for their price with absolutely no serious competition. The Skywatcher HEQ5 PRO and EQ6 PRO have also been reduced.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It just destroys the second hand market though!

I've been looking at swapping my HEQ5 for a Vixen GP, assuming that I can get c£250 for the HEQ5 it should have been a straight swap in value terms...

Don't think it will be any more.

Ant

Jaspa, the prices are up-to-date (at least they should be). They were set this week after a round of price-checks but, as always, if you see the same thing cheaper elsewhere, just phone. The prices are not short-term promo prices, they are the new 'regular' prices.

Cygnusx1, your Celestron C6 SCT uses a standard Synta style fitting so will go straight on.

That is cheap :shock: I confess that I hadn't included Ian when price-checking.

This confirms what I was suspecting and was hoping to avoid: These new prices together with heavy dealer discounts make it impossible to list both a competitive price and offer a further 10% discount. I won't change anything immediately as I know several of you are planning a purchase this month and I don't wish to move the goalposts without warning. Also, with SGL discount FLO is still cheaper than the prices you link to. I shall post a separate announcement later.

there has never been a better time! Both mounts are market-leaders for their price with absolutely no serious competition.

Do you think the price could go up again anytime soon in your experience ? Having just bought the 250px form your good self ... [whisper]Just between me and you (and the rest of the online world!) ... I am interested in the EQ6 Skyscan.[/whisper] However my credit card (and bank manager) would grimmace terribly if I started flexing it so soon :wink:.

Vega

I doubt we'll see any increases, for a while at least (though I am surprised at how much they have dropped!) and I am not aware of any new models that haven't already been announced. There is of course a new EQ6 (NEQ6) due Dec/Jan time. From what I hear Synta felt the EQ6 needed beefing up for the Skywatcher Explorer 300P (pic shows the regular EQ6). I am surprised as I would have thought it'd take it without any difficulty. This is only a guess but perhaps they are going to fit a larger saddle (grips the dovetail), perhaps even give it a Losmandy fitting - it's just a guess. Initially it'll only be available with the 300P.

300PEQ6PRO.jpg

Was the skywatcher 200 HEQ5 not £530 (minus 10% =£477) before the price change, and now £525 without any discount. seems like an increase to me, just over 9% if my maths are correct.

Sorry don't wish to sound like i am complaining as you do offer a great service.

:wink::D

I have just price-checked FLO's £525 price against all of the top listed dealers - according to the Google UK search engine - and found it competitive.

With this new wave of price changes we must be more businesslike if we are to continue to grow. Many products are still covered by the SGL discount scheme, more than any other dealer, and those that are not are competitively priced. Of course, if you see a cheaper price you only need contact us :wink:

Archived