Heritage 130p Light shroud.

cotterless45

Made this out of a Poundland 10L stuff sac. Cut the end off, cut a hole for the focusser. Cut 2 holes for the truss locking bolts and left enough flop for the truss to move up and down.

Stuck it on with double sided tape.

This is a prototype, will probably sew elastic on each end to hold. It's clear of the mirror .

Anyone else come up with a good'un ?

Nick.

post-6974-0-47975300-1343822967_thumb.jppost-6974-0-42779900-1343823022_thumb.jp

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

post-28264-0-89255700-1363459587_thumb.jpost-28264-0-64989200-1363459603_thumb.jHi Nick.

This is the shield I made out of 2mm foam sheeting, you just wrap it around the scope and I glued a velcro strip onto it to ensure a snug fit.

I have been trying to find black 5" flexiduct, the kind of thing that goes on the back of small extractor fans in your house , my idea being to fit this inside the end of the scope and then it would concertina back into the main tube when your finished but I'm having trouble tracking down black flexiduct.

Hi Nick.

This is the shield I made out of 2mm foam sheeting, you just wrap it around the scope and I glued a velcro strip onto it to ensure a snug fit.

I have been trying to find black 5" flexiduct, the kind of thing that goes on the back of small extractor fans in your house , my idea being to fit this inside the end of the scope and then it would concertina back into the main tube when your finished but I'm having trouble tracking down black flexiduct.

• 4 years later...
8 minutes ago, Jimmy Rocket said:

Might sound like a daft question but why fit a shroud? what does it accomplish?? 

Not daft at all. It cuts out stray light and reflections from the tube and improves the contrast. I also found that my breath was causing tube currents, particularly obvious at higher power, and a shroud stops this happening too.

Here is my version, not perfect by any means but it works.

IMG_4594.JPG

IMG_4595.JPG

Archived