Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

We must have a low ceiling...

K3ny0n

The new scope setup in the kitchen, blimey I knew it was big but not this big :D.

Skywatcher Explorer 200p on a EQ5 goto mount.

Nearly touching the ceiling!

post-18724-134350764601_thumb.jpg

Waiting for the sun to set, only took with a iPhone though.

Points for picking out the light pollution!

post-18724-13435076932_thumb.jpg

Rob

That's what I thought. I've had it knocking around my EP box, but never used it. Then again, I had the O-ring from the finder scope also knocking around my EP box until somebody pointed out what it was for.

They are a good looking scope :smiley:

Using the 1.25" and 2" adapters at the same time is a common mistake with the Skywatcher newts - usually followed by an anguished "I can't see anything !" post on here !

The Skywatcher manual is clearly not pointing this out so perhaps they should remedy that ?

You will probably find the scope less prone to vibration with the tripod legs in their shorter position, ie: unextended.

Hope you enjoy the views :smiley:

Blimey!! That's a gert big 'un, ain't it?

As an exiled Westcountry gal, that comment evokes strong nostalgia. Except where I came from it was 'Gurt'. :D

Nice scope Rob - amazing how much space they take up once they are set up!

All the stars were like a big fluffy ball, :( could I hell figure out what was wrong haha.

I haven't been extending the tripod legs fully like you say, just too add tad more stability :D

Rob

I've never extended the tripod legs on mine, just no point.

You'll almost certainly not need the 2" extension, unless the scope is designed for AP, then the focus point will be further out to all for dSLR's to get to focus - if this is the case then you *might* need the extension with some eyepieces.

Nice looking scope :)

Ant

Thanks Ant, I'm just going to settle for pure visual for now maybe when I feel comfortable to start some AP I've got most of the equipment needed. Maybe not the best mount for it but if I can get half decent images to show family and friends then that will do me... Until it truly gets a grip of me then I will probably invest some more in a better mount.

Rob

Archived