Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M27 (NGC6953) Dumbbell Nebula - Bizibilder

Bizibilder

Taken with my SW ED120APO, Canon 1000D(modded), HEQ5 with PHD guiding. 85x2 min subs 34 flats, 30 darks. Total exposure 2h 50min. Processed with DSS and PS CS5. (2 minute subs used as it is still not really dark in these parts yet!)

26July2012M27Processed1024x758.jpg

For a link to a larger (2048x1536) version click here:

http://i1238.photobu...ed2048x1517.jpg

Bizibuilder i don't mind when you want to pop round & give me some lessons as my diary is empty :-)

Seriously fine image, respect, way way better than mine but you have made me even more determined to succeed.

Aw, You're making me blush! :o To be honest I did the minimum of processing on this image - I think the 80+ subs helped. The star colour is only a single run of Noel's Actions "increase star colour" - most of it was there already. I was quite pleased with the colours as this is only the second image with my modded 1000D (Which was done at the beginning of March!!) and I always had problems with too little colour with the unmodded camera.

I did play with the colour balance a bit as some of the subs were a bit "blue" due to it not being really dark at the moment.

Archived