Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What a lovely night at last....! :)

Disco

Last night was the clearest night I've seen this year. Amazing how many stars I could see with the naked eye.

I could also see the MilkyWay from the very well lit large town that I live in, which says an awful lot! .. I've not seen the MilkyWay from here since I was young (many years ago).

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I saw the Milky Way from my back garden, and that's rare for me too! Its looking great again tonight, but after a 4am and then a 3am I'm not sure my body can cope with another late night!!

Helen

I could make out the milky way from my back garden last night too. I even attempted some DSO's with my DSLR which didn't come out to bad for single shots well apart from M51 LOL :grin: It was great having the scope out again last night & trying out some of my shiney new kit....... :grin:

Yes, I saw the Milky Way from my back garden, and that's rare for me too! Its looking great again tonight, but after a 4am and then a 3am I'm not sure my body can cope with another late night!!

Helen

Going to give it a go, which will be 3 nights on the trot!

Unheard of! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive just got in and tonight milky way imense!.As i followed it down through cygnus and aquila it just kept getting denser and esier to make out.

Helen

I know how you feel Helen and with the kids home from school their getting my up t 7 30 am :mad: .The forecast is clear for the rest of the week by friday im going to be a very happy but tired person :smiley:

I wimped out and went to bed..... my excuse is that I'd been for a walk with a friend yesterday and it was very hot and I think I got a bit de-hydrated, which brought on the headache. But I feel better now. We're off to the Millenium Stadium for the Olympic Football this afternoon, two matches, so should be home around 10:00. Just in time for .... :grin:

Helen

I wimped out and went to bed..... my excuse is that I'd been for a walk with a friend yesterday and it was very hot and I think I got a bit de-hydrated, which brought on the headache. But I feel better now. We're off to the Millenium Stadium for the Olympic Football this afternoon, two matches, so should be home around 10:00. Just in time for .... :grin:

Helen

It wasn't that great in Cardiff last night anyway Helen.

Not much in the way of clouds, but very hazy. Even at 1am I couldn't see more than a few stars.

Looks like better seeing tonight if you can find the gaps in the clouds.

The forecast says tomorrow night will be rubbish and Friday good :)

Archived