Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mosaic - A Start

martin_h

Been thinking about this one for a while now, and, having a clear night decided to make a start....it may never get finished!!!

So far - 8 frames (4 across, 2 down) of single 15 min shots just to prove the concept and make some registration frames.

Straight from the camera, stretched to maximun with no calibration frames(yet)....

Mosaic_web-1.jpg

Daz - aligning the frames.......MK1 eyeball and All's reticule, pick a star on the edge of the frame, put the reticule over it, move scope/star untill star is on opposite side of frame.

I use MS Ice to join them all up

Gina - Scope - Good old ED80 and QHY9 CCD.

I want to add another row on the bottom, by my calculations(guess) I should get the Tulip Nebula in the (new) bottom left frame

Awsome image! Great detail but what's with the white horizontal line at the bottom left?

As they are all just single frames I managed to catch a satellite in that one....it will dissapear with more frames added

Lovely image Martin, and a great base to build from. What telescope/lens/camera combo have you used on this. Even for an 8 frame montage each patch seems too wide for any thing other than a short fract or camera lens...?

Lovely image Martin, and a great base to build from. What telescope/lens/camera combo have you used on this. Even for an 8 frame montage each patch seems too wide for any thing other than a short fract or camera lens...?

ED80 with reducer and QHY9 mono

Archived