ISS pass tonight

JamesF

I shall keep an eye out for that then. Most forecasts are suggesting clear at that time for me, but I'm keeping an eye on large formation of cloud headed my way from the south west. It may hit me, or it may pass me by .... have to wait and see ;)

Check the earlier one on Heavens Above for your location. I'd guess the later one might be too far south, but the early one looks fairly high to me so may well be visible for you.

James

Check the earlier one on Heavens Above for your location. I'd guess the later one might be too far south, but the early one looks fairly high to me so may well be visible for you.

James

Thanks James, i'll keep a look out if the clouds manage to clear tonight not holding much hope though

Clive

There's a fair-sized clear patch of sky to the south west of the UK by the looks of Sat24, but it's hard to tell how far it's going to make it. I'm pretending I haven't noticed for the moment :)

James

Check out your locations view with the Satellite Plug-In in Stellarium.

Used it along with the Ocular Plug-In just now to frame my planned shot of the later pass bisecting Saturn and Spica.

Just gotta sort the hard bit now.

post-21219-0-20537700-1340046196_thumb.p

Just had a look to see if we can catch Tiangong 1, but its not visible from until the 14th July (for mid UK anyway) and there wont be anyone on it by then. Will have to make do with the ISS :)

I just missed the thread, read it about 10 mins ago.. mind you the sky is still pretty light here (north staffordshire), I expect the 23:34-23:44 flyover near to Saturn is going to be my best bet tonight. There is some light cloud cover at the moment, maybe it will blow over. I just wish I had my new scope to look at it with, I'll make do with my TAL scope instead :)

I just missed the thread, read it about 10 mins ago.. mind you the sky is still pretty light here (north staffordshire), I expect the 23:34-23:44 flyover near to Saturn is going to be my best bet tonight. There is some light cloud cover at the moment, maybe it will blow over. I just wish I had my new scope to look at it with, I'll make do with my TAL scope instead :)

well im in the same land as you lol - North staffs

just seen the ISS wow that was moving coming up from the west was really bright and higher then I thought it was going to be maybe because I'm down on the south coast anyone else get to see it

Just caught him through the small gap in the trees to my south , Saturn above and Spica below.

IMG_30712.jpg

Clipping the tops ,

IMG_30722.jpg

And couldn't resist a fast moving Galaxy (C5 out of Mildenhall :grin: )

Love the way his navigation lights show up ,

IMG_30732.jpg

I managed to see two passes last night, and took a coupls of pics of the pass at ~23:40....

This was my first attempt using an Olympus 50mm f/1.8 prime lens attached to a Canon EOS 60D DSLR (using an OM-->EOS adapter). The low focal ratio f/1.8 has such light-grabbing ability that it makes the pictures look like it's daylight (lots of light polution!) ... v. difficult to get in focus with such a shallow depth of field though ;-)

ISS1.jpg

ISS2.jpg

Mike

Archived