Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Most distant galaxy ever found!

Damo636

I believe that's how the universe was made. When the scientist discovered the first pre big bang galaxy his head exploded :eek: and had enough energy to make another universe, and so on and so forth........ I've done the math and it's possible.......... honest. :rolleyes:

Wow!

This just makes the mind boggle....

I wonder if there is a planet in that galaxy with life and they are looking at us saying the same thing? But maybe our galaxy looks as though it only just forming or something because of the delay in the light travel?

That’s one of the main pulls for me with astronomy the possibilities are endless!!

And another point is thats only that part of the sky (so to speak) so does that mean there is another 359+ degrees to look where there are further galaxies? To me thats just a pin (males anatomy/somebody you dont like - thats one way of winning the censor lol) in the sky. Its definatley mind boggling to say the least on even thinking about the size of the universe/furthest galaxy.

One thing is for sure, WE will NEVER find out

Just to put the distance into perspective, Voyager 1, travelling at 35,000 mph hasn't even covered one light year in 35 years!!

Is it even possible to comprehend distances when your talking in these terms - billions of light years?

The universe HAS to be loads older than 13billion years. If I was on this furthest Galaxy from Earth, then I would be able to see Earth with my alien hubble space scope, but also 13billion years the opposite direction.... and IF my alien race made contact with Earth one day - together our races can prove the univers is 26billion years old... and so on.

The universe HAS to be loads older than 13billion years. If I was on this furthest Galaxy from Earth, then I would be able to see Earth with my alien hubble space scope, but also 13billion years the opposite direction.... and IF my alien race made contact with Earth one day - together our races can prove the univers is 26billion years old... and so on.

Not really. We are seeing them as they were 13 billion years ago. At that point in time they could not see us (even if our galaxy had formed), because light from our galaxy had not reached them (assuming the same distance, which is also wrong). At this point in time, they should be able to see our galaxy where it was 13 billion years ago. Actually, you need to think of this in terms of space-time, and then our brains, never designed to deal with relativity, start to hurt ;)

Archived