Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Interesting newt

Earl

I think thats a late model Astro Systems (Bedford) 6" F/6 on the original alt-az mount. They had David Hinds optics and, provided the optics are in decent condition, £120 is a bargain in my view. I had one as my 1st proper astro scope - I saw Halleys Comet with it in 1986 :hello2:

It looks a bit home made. Don't You Just Hate It When People Start Every Word with A Capital ?

Peter

As a 'learner' of programming lingo this 'bugs' me allot. A keen thwack wouldn't go a miss :hello2:

Don't understand it myself. It's harder to do than type normally. Well, ok, it is for me because I touch-type (albeit in a way that would give a typing teacher cold sweats), but I guess if you're pecking the letters out one-fingered then it makes little odds.

James

It looks a bit home made. Don't You Just Hate It When People Start Every Word with A Capital ?

Peter

Almost ams much as I hate it when people are too lazy to bother writing anything useful in the item description!

I think thats a late model Astro Systems (Bedford) 6" F/6 on the original alt-az mount. They had David Hinds optics and, provided the optics are in decent condition, £120 is a bargain in my view. I had one as my 1st proper astro scope - I saw Halleys Comet with it in 1986 :hello2:

I could indeed be interesting, however some seem to be more concerned about less important details...

I could indeed be interesting, however some seem to be more concerned about less important details...

Indeed :hello2:

Some of my best E.Bay bargains have been poorly described - a bit of knowledge helps you see through the "murk" :)

You guys clearly have the knowledge of what the 'scope is, whereas some of us do not. For instance, when Halley's Comet was last around, I was too young to even spell 'telescope', let alone recognise the makes and models of the time :hello2:

My Apologies Earl, You Are Right. Sorry :o I can 'gob off'.

Dose Anyone Think The Mirror Coatings Would Last This Long If Not Done Already?

uhhgh.. painfull. :) Well..Can't join 'em..

Must be what, at least 30 years old, and not having a pic of the mirror..hmmm. D.H. or not, that mirror needs more than a bath.IMHO :)

Archived