NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

App for mobile

darc

Just found an app for my mobile called Sat Track it lets you no were the sats are to your position.

Does anyone use it and I would like to no what you think ?

Geoff

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's right, it links to Heavens Above and I think they asked the developer to change the name to SatTrack. It's a great app and the one I use when wanting to see ISS or Iridium flares

Stu

For iOS I would recommend Sky Safari, it costs a couple of quid, but is so worth it - Shows every satellite, star and planet you could want to see, and is highly adjustable so you can tune it to your preferences. Suits my every need!

For iOS I would recommend Sky Safari, it costs a couple of quid, but is so worth it - Shows every satellite, star and planet you could want to see, and is highly adjustable so you can tune it to your preferences. Suits my every need!

+1 for Sky safari

Sent from my HD2Droid

Thanks It is one I will keep there are so many programs out there its hard to no what to go for I now have google sky and sat track on my android phone.

I will keep these for now. (thanks for the input)

The current favorite (android) app is Mobile Observatory. I've had it since October and it's a really nice app. Each time there's an update, it just gets better. A recent feature that was added is a Tonight's Best list. Recommendations on interesting things to see at your given location. Another great thing is that you can push astronomical events from the app to your calendar in case you forget them (not likely though!?).

Works great both on my phone and tablet.

I will have a look at that one to now

there be no room left on my phone for things like contacts and text if I keep adding space apps to it (never mind ah)

I agree TractionMan, I use Mobile Observatory and think that it is really good. As you say, keeps getting better with each update. Just needs to add a larger Jupiter/Gallilean moon app which shows shadow transits and I probably won't need any other apps

Stu

The app Mobile Observatory is that an app you pay for ?

there are a few place's that say it is free but then they try and £3 or £4 quid of your credit.

Geoff

The app Mobile Observatory is that an app you pay for ?

there are a few place's that say it is free but then they try and £3 or £4 quid of your credit.

Geoff

When I got Mobile Observatory it cost £2.99 on google play.

Archived