Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

TAL 125 Review by Mr English

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll leave the thread up if thats OK.

I think I mentioned this review a while back but I did not actually post a link to it so your post will be of interest I'm sure :(

It's an interesting read, as all of Neils writing is :(

I'm currently reading a copy "Chosing and using a Refractor", which I got from Amazon last week - excellent read indeed. I didn't know anything about the history and development of telescopes (beyond the normal Galileo/Newton stuff), so I found the first part very interesting. Having now read the sections on achromats and apos (up to sports optics now), I am looking at (through?) my own scopes in a completely new way. Or rather, I am much more appreciative of the effort thats gone into allowing me to enjoy the views, and to some extent much more informed and critical about the quality of the optics that provide the views. I'm also much more aware of my own limited experience in "seing" and appreciating the difference between various optics/scopes/maunfacturers. Look forward to finishing the rest of the book!

EDIT - ah yes, John didn't link the review, but mentioned that it was forthcoming - my apologies, Caldwell!

Great read. It was on the strength of Mr. English's review of the Tal 100rs: http://www.cloudynights.com/item.php?item_id=2032 (amongst manny others) which made me finally plump for the OTA as my first scope.

Just a shame the Tal 125 is so, so expensive (goes for over a grand in Spain).

Do you have a dealer that even lists the 125R(achro)? :hello2: They're few & far between.

The only one who I've found who lists & actually has one, is a Tal 'licensed' Italian dealer. His is 680 euro.

Do you have a dealer that even lists the 125R(achro)? :hello2: They're few & far between.

The only one who I've found who lists & actually has one, is a Tal 'licensed' Italian dealer. His is 680 euro.

€680! That's a bargain, Andy :) Valkanik, in Spain, do the Tal 125. I bought my own 100rs at this shop and really did get a great deal, so perhaps he'll knock the price down a little on the 125, but, still, it's over twice that of the Italian seller! It's a great shop, mind you, has some of the most beautiful refractors I've ever seen and the owner is certainly in the business for love and passion.

https://www.valkanik.com/productos/index.php?fuseaction=fitxa&ref=1601050010855

..... perhaps he'll knock the price down a little on the 125, but, still, it's over twice that of the Italian seller! ..........https://www.valkanik.com/productos/index.php?fuseaction=fitxa&ref=1601050010855

The one in the link is the 125 Apolar apochomat rather than the 125R achromat. The apo is always going to cost a lot more than the achro.

€680! That's a bargain, Andy :hello2: Valkanik, in Spain, do the Tal 125. I bought my own 100rs at this shop and really did get a great deal, so perhaps he'll knock the price down a little on the 125, but, still, it's over twice that of the Italian seller! It's a great shop, mind you, has some of the most beautiful refractors I've ever seen and the owner is certainly in the business for love and passion.

https://www.valkanik.com/productos/index.php?fuseaction=fitxa&ref=1601050010855

Interesting link my friend, i can see you owning the 125r at some time in the future:cool:

Well, I have placed an order with Giuliano at technosky today for the 125R. I will let you all know how it progresses!

Omg and :hello2::eek::) but cool:cool: please keep us well and truly informed, if this all goes well you will have the only 125r with crayford in the uk

Omg and :):eek::p but cool:cool: please keep us well and truly informed, if this all goes well you will have the only 125r with crayford in the uk

I must admit to a wee bit of trepidation... :hello2:. Giuliano has been very helpful with the questions I asked him, and seemed amenable to getting me some pics when he checks the scope over and tests it, so we'll wait and see how it goes.

Mmm, no icon for "permanent fingers crossed"?

EDIT - off to read Neil English's review again to make me feel less anxious and more optimistic :eek:

EDIT 2 - just had a confirmation email from Giuliano; he'll start chekcing over the scope tomorrow! So excited now.... .

Well, I have placed an order with Giuliano at technosky today for the 125R. I will let you all know how it progresses!

I'll be very interested to hear how this goes :hello2:

Archived