NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

AAAAARRRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Phil-lost!

i thought the reason we buy 'scopes is so we can come on this forum and talk about all the mods and equiptment we've done/bought in case it ever does clear:D. having said that, last Saturday was the best seeing i've had since i bought mine 4 mth ago.:)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds astronomy very frustrating for this reason. I bought my first scope last summer and had nothing but clouds and rain for weeks after i got it. Plus when you finally get clear skys, it lands on nights with a full moon. I still love it though.

after nearly 3 years of frustration, the only clear nights being either a full moon, very windy, too tired, going out etc. and it always clouding over as soon as I hit the 'go' button, only to clear up after I pack away and having 2K's worth of kit sitting in the corner whilst this happened, I finally sold it all, and just kept a quick imaging setup (5mins to setup).

But don't let that put you off! LOL

Set up scope, leave to cool for half an hour, plan some things to look for, quick look at saturn first, CLOUDS OVER INSTANTLY! This astronomy lark is more frustrating than golf!!! :)

Waaaaaay more!

i only ever did nine holes with some mates once . my score card was something like 130 :) ! im okay with that. but ask my golfing friends if it more frustrating than astronomy ? :)....:headbang:

Set up scope, leave to cool for half an hour, plan some things to look for, quick look at saturn first, CLOUDS OVER INSTANTLY! This astronomy lark is more frustrating than golf!!! :)

Ha ha. Much the same problem here. It's not going to stop me trying again tonight though!

Archived