NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

whats this on the bay?

Daniel-K

I noticed this and it is in my watch list :)

Going by the cradle and the fact it was made for Marconi, I would say it is an optical alignment tool, probably used for setting up microwave links.

I wonder if he will let a courier pick it up ?

Paul

I noticed this and it is in my watch list :)

Going by the cradle and the fact it was made for Marconi, I would say it is an optical alignment tool, probably used for setting up microwave links.

I wonder if he will let a courier pick it up ?

Paul

i had no idea what it was but thought some sgl member must be able to make somthing out of it :headbang:

I'm sure we can *all* do *something* with it :)

James

Ah, dilemma. In the interests of forum harmony do some of us stand aside so as not to partake in a bidding war ? or do we let market forces take over ?

In all seriousness it looks blumming heavy, but is compact, and the Dallmeyer will be a quality 4" optic, plus Cox , Hargreaves and Thomson knew what they were doing.

Let me know James if you are having a 'do' on this one.

Paul :headbang:

Very interesting, looks like this TV camera lens could serve as a 4" folded refractor if a focuser was fitted - and assuming the optics are in a half decent state.

There is a commercially available 4" folded refractor by Yukon - I own one, and find it handy for holiday use. It has a mirror for folding the light-path, not clear if the eBay lens uses a mirror or prism.

Edit: I read the link provided earlier to the TV equipment page - looks like it uses an internal mirror. Might even be tempted to have a punt if it weren't local collection only. Which does in any case suggest it's rather heavier than my Yukon. Though also possibly cheaper!

post-14602-133877774057_thumb.jpg

Let me know James if you are having a 'do' on this one.

No no, I'm keeping well out of this one. It's far too big to get past SWMBO without difficult explanations being required. Fill yer boots.

James

Archived