Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Iridium Flare from May 12th

Great effort Sandra, they are great to see and fun to try and capture.

I'm not sure that a lot can be done to improve it, as I'm afraid, you've got the focus on the tree and house and the flare itself is a little blurred.

Give it another try, pick a nice bright star and use liveview zoomed in (if you have it) manually adjust focus until the star is the the smallest point you can make it. That should work nicely for the flare. Failing that, pick something as far away from you as possible (on the horizon would be great) and use the AF system.

To embed the image from flickr into the post, rather than as a link, above the image, click share, select the HTML/BBCode option, make sure the BBCode radio button is selected, pick the size you want in the drop down, and cut and paste the text in the box.

Yeah it does look a little out of focus it, though the original RAW file seems to look a lot better to my eyes for some reason.

I'll re-size that one and see if I can post following your instructions there :) Thank you

eta - hmm not sure it does look any better. Oh well, I'll sort it for the next one ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived