Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Device manager nonsense?

Hi, I was setting up my tandem two-scope/two Atik camera rig tonight and, just as I knew it would, an attempt to run two instances of Artemis Capture on one computer killed the lot. However, I can no longer open either Atik camera now, presumably because it thinks one is still working. I seem to think I need to close it down using Device Manager in Vista but when I open Device Manager I can't find the damned capture software to shut it down. There's a thing called Imaging Devices but that doesn't seem to lead anywhere.

Any ideas?

How did Gates get to be the richest man in the world? He should be drinking cider under a bridge in Scunthorpe.

Olly

Ah what's live on a mac easy, no need to remember where you plug your usb camera's and now with Nebulosity 3 I run as many instances and camera's as I want ... and who knows maybe ATIK will have a driver and then I'm really happy ...

Sorry Olly I could just not resist ... :clouds2:

Yves.

Interesting this Olly, as prior to purchasing a OSC Atik, I specifically asked Atik if I could run two instances of Artemis capture on 1 PC, one for each camera and they told me that I could. Is this not the case?

Well, Sara, it wasn't the case for me but that may just be on my machine. I can run two Atiks in AstroArt without difficulty.

I can't now get to the bottom of this because, as has happened before with the computer thinking Artemis Capture was still open, an overnight shutdown restores things to normal. I can now open Artemis again normally. A short shudown to reboot doesn't work though. All a bit odd.

Anyway, no worries, I'll just run one camera in my netbook. I'd rather do that in any case because I could do with two screens to keep an eye on two imaging cameras and one autoguider.

Once it's debugged I hope Speed Machine will be a winner.

My comment about Bill Gates and cider drinking in Scunthorpe was, on reflection, a bit rude. I apologize - to the people of Scunthorpe! It beggars belief that Microsoft haven't sorted out this USB port confusion by now. I hate to feed Yves with this pro Mac ammunition but it's unavoidable!!! (Actually it's not that I have anything against the Mac, I quite like it. I just find it hard at three in the morning using two different operating systems. I already have a French keyboard on one laptop to drive me nuts. So that's a French XP laptop, an English Vista laptop and a Mac on the go. No wonder I'm confused...)

Olly

I always use 2 laptops when running the double rig, the QHY9's both use the same driver so it is easier all round to seperate them, easier to keep track of whats going on as well having 2 seperate screens.

At least the Mac has a qwerty keyboard.

Anyway I'm building a nice imaging set and I hate to admit but this one will need Windows grrrr ... no SX AO support ... though that could change ...

Yves.

Archived