Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Quite depressing.....

Pauly

...how much dust has accumulated on my gear since it was last outside in the dark. And still no sign of a clear night on the forecast. Cloud and rain till the middle of next week is the current prognosis. :hello2: However, throwing a dust cover over it seems somehow to be admitting defeat, that it will be parked long enough for dust to be a consideration. Damn you clouds. We need a smilie, angrily shaking a fist at the sky.

Not the only one :eek: It can drive me nuts just looking at the scope gathering dust.

Although I try to fill the time with tweaking ,reading up and stuff, that and building up confidence to flock it.;)

Seams it's not only us, some retailers "drift" a little too:D

Taken from Astroboot about a broken pair of binos >>>

A6. This Bresser 10x50 binocular has a fairly obvious problem: both objective barrels have broken off at the root and in each case the broken stubs of the threaded parts are still embedded in the body - nicely done. Sold as project parts - has good eyepieces and lenses as well as Bak4 prisms. No case. A 'courier' did this by the way. Our packages are well made with at least 6 inches of packing all round a binocular. We buy special boxes and we have an state-of-the-art air encapsulation systems. But still the courier was able to subject the bino to so much trauma that the lenses snapped off. Not an easy thing to do - there's a kind of genius in it. I believe it's an alien conspiracy. What we are dealing with here is aliens from a dying planet. They are fairly simple life-forms, only marginally more technically accomplished than ourselves (they get here after all and we can't get further than South Mimms services now that the Shuttle's gone to knackers!) that have infiltrated our societies from the bottom through our package and parcel delivery systems. It's brilliant, they burrow away undermining retail sales, the one little bit of business we've got left and that every Western culture is totally dependent on. Soon they'll be able to put in their own diabolical puppet governments (every cloud eh?). So be vigilant - watch your packages, please everybody watch your packages - they're coming! I've always wanted to be the bloke who tells everybody about an alien conspiricy. David Vincent was it? Invaders - men with stiff little fingers? Those were the days...

lol made me chuckle

Glen

If there was a 'like' button, X6gas' post would get a click. It's been over a month since I saw anything but orange mush.

I've a new EP, Barlow and LPF which have yet to see starlight. I'm beginning to consider a 200mm f/5 umbrella stand.

Not the only one :mad: It can drive me nuts just looking at the scope gathering dust.

Although I try to fill the time with tweaking ,reading up and stuff, that and building up confidence to flock it.;)

lol made me chuckle

Glen

& me!:eek: At least it takes your mind off the wayward weather.

& me!;) At least it takes your mind off the wayward weather.

lol, true. But being and lx200 it means tacking off the corrector, flocking the tube , then spaying a fine mist of mat paint up the mirror tube.. makes me shiver every time I think of it. The word "on the street" is to stuff the tube full of paper to prevent stray paint hitting the mirror or taking the thing out completely ... yeah, rather not :eek: still one day i'll no doubt want better contrast and get the tools out.. until then ..NOPE

We were assured some clear skies last night down here in Devon so I thought I'd get a view of the "supermoon". However the cloud gods had other ideas and decided to curse us for yet another night. This must be some sort of record!

You want to sack your cleaner ;)

James

You let your cleaner touch your stuff? Mine's not even allowed in the same room. Besides, if I sacked her who would do the cooking? I'd waste away.

Not the only one :eek: It can drive me nuts just looking at the scope gathering dust.

lol made me chuckle

Glen

I haven't been on astroboot for a while, this could tempt me back. Some of the descriptions are ace. I like their cheap spotters/finder scopes described as "ant burners"...not much use for anything else

I haven't been on astroboot for a while, this could tempt me back. Some of the descriptions are ace. I like their cheap spotters/finder scopes described as "ant burners"...not much use for anything else

;) Tiss worth a look just for a laugh let alone the real reason. See if you can find the teeny tiny glasses from the little people of the forest :eek:

Archived