NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My first lunar imaging ever. Should I be proud or ashamed?

pixueto

I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing by posting these three images here, particularly due to the fact that this thread is surrounded by others with increadibly stunning lunar images! Well, anyway, these are my first images with the Moon as a target. Don't really know whether to be proud or ashamed of them -probably the latter. I already had some brilliant feedback on how to improve one of them and I thought that maybe by opening a new thread I could have some more people commenting and helping. These were taken with a SW200P, 1000FL, Philips 880SPC, no filter, one with no barlow, another with an Ultima 2X barlow and the last one with a Tal 3X barlow. Software used: sharpcap, registax and photoshop.

Thanks

post-30999-133877757953_thumb.jpg

post-30999-133877757956_thumb.jpg

post-30999-133877757961_thumb.jpg

I like the one on the right .

Def be proud :D:);)

I like the one on the left.... I find the bumps on the horizon realy bring home how it the mountains of another world we are looking at B)

but they are all good B):):):icon_salut:

Thanks guys, The one with the 2X Celestron Ultima Barlow seems the sharpest. That barlow is the best piece in my equipment and it tends to improve the images, I think. The Tal 3X barlow does not do as fine a job but then it may all be down to too much magnification?

Archived