Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M1 Crab nebula - ATIK 428 OSC

Coco

Hi

Well what a week, I've got a massive stack of images ( for me anyway) to process, this was one of the last taken this week, 28th march nearly half Moon and moderate city sky, I need to get this OSC processing finely tuned but so far I'm very please with the results this sensitive camera is producing, this image is only 2 1/2 hours on 7 minute subs..

Ive posted a link to a larger image showing coloured stray pixels, if anyone knows how to process these out please let me know.. Ive tried AstroArt V5 images/flats/bias/bias( Harrys Tutorial) & images/bias/flat/darks. :(

Thanks for looking... :(

20 Subs ( 7 minutes)

100 Bias

100 Flats

Link to large: THE_CRAB_M1_NO_clone.jpg photo - Guy Walsh photos at pbase.com

original.jpg

Very nice image, is it a bit noisy though?

I am trying with the QHY8L at the moment and have got completely lost on processing. I much prefer my ART285 mono but I am going to use them both together so have to learn this OSC stuff.

I am finding the mono processing much easier than this OSC for some reason. (can´t seem to get much colour out)

there's some green gradient in the corner.

yeh I know... processed it in haste ;)

A pleasing result if you ask me & certainly gives more of an argument for osc cameras...

yes I'm loving the freedom ive been given back, Astroart is a must for OSC ... very VERY quick... perhaps its the speed and tired eyes that missed the gradient.. :)

Not sure if im seeing things, but there's something not quite right with some of the blue stars - it's almost as if they're misaligned, but it cant be as its OSC. Focus issue perhaps?

+1 for clone stamp too, but if one lands in a nebula then fixing things can get a bit fiddly.

Not sure if im seeing things, but there's something not quite right with some of the blue stars - it's almost as if they're misaligned, but it cant be as its OSC. Focus issue perhaps?

+1 for clone stamp too, but if one lands in a nebula then fixing things can get a bit fiddly.

I've noticed this from day one, I thought it was somewhere in the OTA but I've Isolated it to the CCD. I think it may have had a bump in the post... Atik will sort ;) it thankfully they are UK based repair..:)

• 11 months later...

Coco

I have just started imaging with an Atik428 OSC and am having problems getting colour in the stars. I am using MaximDL for initial processing and using the generic debayer mask as the Atik is not listed.

Can you advise the workflow you use as your images using the new settings are superb.

regards

Ian

Astrolandrover

Archived