Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mars 25.3.12 C11 + SPC

AztecastroMcJ

couple from last nights efforts, certainly strange :blob10: conditions as others have said recently

n.eye viewing even early was terrible, loads haze/mist and hardly any stars visible

focussing never quite seemed to snap but was steady and detail looked ok on screen, bit soft washed out

the original stacks looked almost identical, but messed these up a bit, trying to get more detail to show

def better live @20fps and avi does appear bit better aswell,

C11 + ext + x3 Tal + SPC900,

craterlet > castrator > reg5 > gimp

James

post-16858-133877753546_thumb.jpg

Not bad at all James still quite a bit of detail coming through but i think you are correct about your 127 mak and saturn , the conditions in my area have been quite deceiving although very clear skies the atmosphere has been quite bad so maybe you are seeing the same which is reflected in your image . I rekon when you get good conditions your big scope will truley shine , looking forward to more of your images in the future with the big sct :(

Interesting as to why the 20fps should be so much improved over the 10x?

Did well there James mate, I was looking into a swimming pool last even if the FW didn't pack in I doubt I would have got any useable avi's. Markedly different to the night before ! Tonight looks good tho but no imaging :(

What I did notice was last night was certainly warmer by a good few degrees C and yet I was out longer and later, night before my feet were seriously cold when I came in as was the scope !

thx again chaps :(

conditions certainly playing big part tho mars was pretty good this night even tho very misty

was much clearer the night after this but seeing was swimming pool effect like Karlo mentioned

low alt of Saturn and neighbours tree doesn't help with the ringed one,

Interesting as to why the 20fps should be so much improved over the 10x?

Did well there James mate, I was looking into a swimming pool last even if the FW didn't pack in I doubt I would have got any useable avi's. Markedly different to the night before ! Tonight looks good tho but no imaging :(

What I did notice was last night was certainly warmer by a good few degrees C and yet I was out longer and later, night before my feet were seriously cold when I came in as was the scope !

hey Karlo

i really made mess of comparison with my post processing lol

i did say, they were almost identical before i messed them up :)

heres the stacks before they were messed up

not so sure people would still think 20fps is best, although i do think it is very slighty better wen stretched a bit more than here ??

1st is 10fps @100% capture size

2nd is 20fps @100% capture size

let us know what u think Karlo :(

cheers

James

post-16858-133877755584_thumb.jpg

post-16858-133877755587_thumb.jpg

Archived