Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EM200 a gogo

I do like my GPDX but it does need some TLC, for perfect guiding I have to tweak the backlash, and guiding is a bit twitchy when using my ED120 (ok at shorter focal lengths though). Given that we have such limited opportunities and that I want perfect stars off long guide runs along with the opportunity to go to longer focal lengths and heavier scopes I am looking to change mounts. Of course you look at one model and then think that for a bit more you could have such and such. Well that train of thought has taken me to a Takahashi EM200 - it is a fantastic mount with a very smooth PE, an amazingly accurate polar alignment scope (no need to drift except for very long f/l) and breaks into 2 parts so very portable. It also costs silly money.

I've had 2 sleepless nights thinking about telling Jackie. Well after a successfull shopping trip into Sheffield, a nice lunch at a local cafe with a particularly good pinot grigio and the sun shining I outlined my plan - sell a boat and my existing mount and then add a bit of cash. When we arrived at the total figure £4000 :D there was a gasp, derisive laughter, disbelief and rolling of eyes to the sky, in other word OK!!!!!!!. No frosty stare, no "over my dead body".

There will be a reckoning but the Tak is mine!!! Now, got to sell a boat and a GPDX.

It's stupid money but no more so than a BMW. Yeeehaaa

Brave man.....and it paid off.. :p

Cracking mount there Martin... :D

It's interesting to people when you put the hobby into perspective...

:lol:

Hehehe :lol:

I just had to laugh....

That first paragraph, was that a draft of the speech that you made to Mrs MartinB :p

You colud have just popped on here and said I'm buying an EM200 so there :D

After all, your preaching to the converted on here... :lol:

Oh noooo what have you done to me Martin , Jackie already has that pic of me on the dartboard peppered , ,so heaven know s what she will do next , think i go hide , and anyway , you should spend more on her, hehehehehehheh ,

But good luck anyway , no chance of catching you now , us poor old slaves have to put up with an EQ6 PRO EHHEHEHE

Rog

Coming dear , !!did u call !!

It's interesting to people when you put the hobby into perspective...

:p

Exactly

When will it land Martin??

Not sure yet Daz. Trutek order in every 4 weeks or so.

You colud have just popped on here and said I'm buying an EM200 so there :lol:

After all, your preaching to the converted on here... :lol:

:) Still trying to convince myself Phillip.

Oh noooo what have you done to me Martin , Jackie already has that pic of me on the dartboard peppered , ,so heaven know s what she will do next , think i go hide , and anyway , you should spend more on her, hehehehehehheh ,

But good luck anyway , no chance of catching you now , us poor old slaves have to put up with an EQ6 PRO EHHEHEHE

Rog

Coming dear , !!did u call !!

:lol: You great creep. Doesn't matter what I buy Rog, as far as Jackie is concerned your card is marked

You know for just a little bit more you could have an AP900 hehehe

Fantastic mount Gordon but not for a portable quick set up. Not tempted!! :D

Before I put you you onto my wife I'll just brief you. Could you tell her that we need to chop down the robinia tree which she says sets off the garden so beautifully. Or alternatively, if you would rather spare her feelings, suggest that it would be a really good idea to put a dome up on the lawn. That's it, suggest that. Before you star though Gordon, have you taken out life insurance?

I've had 2 sleepless nights thinking about telling Jackie. Well after a successfull shopping trip into Sheffield, a nice lunch at a local cafe with a particularly good pinot grigio and the sun shining I outlined my plan - sell a boat and my existing mount and then add a bit of cash. When we arrived at the total figure £4000 rolleyes there was a gasp, derisive laughter, disbelief and rolling of eyes to the sky, in other word OK!!!!!!!. No frosty stare, no "over my dead body".

My god!!!! That's one of the reasons (apart from dreadful LP) I decided to give up before I started on the LX imaging lark. I could fore see the need for obscene amounts of money. In fact talking on the phone to Chris (Peonic) yesterday discussing the setup I sold him. We instantly ran up another £400 (on top of the £1500 already spent) he needed to spend ASAP. And truthfully that will only tie him over for a few months. Then there would be doubts over the 300D or the Orion DSI or the GP/Skyscan. Perhaps a switch to mono imaging, filter wheel, then motorised filter wheel.

[glow=red,2,300]total figure £4000[/glow]

Nope I gonna leave it to you lot to come up with the images. I've accepted my place in life :D

Couldn't agree more Rus...but then my rational, sensible side isn't always as strong as my stupid one so an EM200 it is.

We'll still be able to eat, have a roof over our heads and afford the heating bills so what could be more important than a mount that tracks well :D

Archived