Tonights tv: Orbit- Earths extraordinary journey

... and you will still be bitterly disappointed unless you are around 5 years old, thank goodness they put it on after the watershed. I travelled to Ecuador to drive along a road ... If it wasn't Kate Humble ... Grrrrr !

Pretty disappointing. Like Rigel said, I think somebody gave them the script for 6 year olds by mistake...and I have no science training.

And how much did she want to be Brian Cox?

All my humble opinion.

Wish I had not started this thread now. What a waste of time that was, I was bored after 30 minutes and I think it only lasted that long was because I thought it must get better but it didn't.

When will some good astronomy shows be on tv?

Some of the graphics were OK but the one explaining Earth's seasons was confusing. I think it would have been easier for newbies to understand if it had been a view over the whole of Earth's orbit, but that's just me.

I didn't see the whole program but the stupid mania for close-up, arty and irritating camera work put me off. It wasn't as bad as Horizon but still really distracting. After the presenter landed when skydiving, the camera charged up to her for the obligatory close-up causing me to lean backwards. And the occasional blurriness made my eyes water!

Why are documentaries being ruined like this? Or maybe I'm getting old and boring!

Alexxx

The program was flawed from having a lot pretentious blurb. James May's man lab did the balloon going up to the edge of the atmosphere some months back. And they were just mucking around. While program was simply restating the facts we already know.

Yes, get Ms Roberts on the case and transform the content to something vaguely challenging and sounds like we'll all be happy. Beeb will then eat humble-pie;-)

Archived