Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Caravan @ a dark site...

Moon monkey

Hi everyone ... im over the moon today :(

I have managed to get my caravan on a nice dark site for this season :)

I have a pich from 1st March to the 31st October .... its a place called Yarwell Mill nr Peterborough.. Its so dark I can see the milky way, so it cant be bad :p:)

( only 15 mins away )

Cheers MM

John, my brother has a van on permanent pitch near hereford, (he lives down your way i can ask him for site details as it is very remote if this is of interest to you

That sounds great Jules :)

If your brother does not mind, I'd be interested in the details. The Lucksall Park site, where the SGL star parties are held is near Hereford.

Thanks very much :(

well done, yarwell mill sounds like its right by the river nene, i do a lot of c a r p fishing down that way, and a little lake i visit is at a really dark location

Yes the river nene is about 50 yards from my pich :p and I can cast a line into the mill stream from my caravan :):hello2: full of chub... aparently there are barbel in the nene here as well..

Oh and theres a c a r p lake :mad: sorry am i rubbing it in now :(

Cheers MM

HA HA why cant I say **** .... c a r p lol

Brilliant, I've got my seasonal pitch between Felixstowe and Ipswich. That too is a lovely dark site with the Milky Way visible. Only a week or so to wait before the season starts. Oh how everybody laughed when I bought my caravan last year....To the anti caravaners....Up yours.....You keep your light polluted towns and cities whilst Im enjoying my dark skies and whiskey!!!

Hi everyone ... im over the moon today :)

I have managed to get my caravan on a nice dark site for this season :D

I have a pich from 1st March to the 31st October .... its a place called Yarwell Mill nr Peterborough.. Its so dark I can see the milky way, so it cant be bad :p:)

( only 15 mins away )

Cheers MM

Name rings a bell- I seem to remember going fishing there for tench in my youth!

:D

Brilliant, I've got my seasonal pitch between Felixstowe and Ipswich. That too is a lovely dark site with the Milky Way visible. Only a week or so to wait before the season starts. Oh how everybody laughed when I bought my caravan last year....To the anti caravaners....Up yours.....You keep your light polluted towns and cities whilst Im enjoying my dark skies and whiskey!!!

single malt i hope ......... :)

Archived