Webcam moon with the Klevtsov

Kaptain Klevtsov

Just a quickie during the evening daylight, there are more to follow when they're processed.

Kaptain Klevtsov

Oh dear! Are you sure you don't want to edit the wording of that one Kaptain? I think it might distract attention from the image! :)

CW

Oh dear! Are you sure you don't want to edit the wording of that one Kaptain? I think it might distract attention from the image! Laughing

Oooo Matron... :)

Very nice image there KK...

Nice moon shot KK. Those small impacts in the maria stand out very well.

I liken them to what my pitch marks are going to be like as I pepper the flags on the golf course tomorrow.

(Wishful thinking).

Ron. :)

WH its the Messier twins (where Barnes Wallis got over ambitious) just right of centre. A really nice bit for me just because I like odd things. The ejecta marks from these craters (or just one of them) are quite striking as a result of a low trajectory impact. It is quite close in and highly magnified, but that was always the plan with the new 'scope.

Kaptain Klevtsov

Getting on really well with it ATM.

I'm liking the focuser as the Crayford type eliminates any mirror flop (the mirrors are fixed) and the light cone is very narrow so that focus isn't anywhere near as finicky as with a fast Newt. The huge travel should let me play with other stuff like focal reducers so long as I keep the chip size down.

Just need some dark now to let it rip, or do a Phil. and shoot some bright stars for their colours.

Its gagging to have a go at M27 once its high enough and the sky is dark again.

Kaptain Klevtsov

That mosaic is absolutely splendid KK. Makes me feel like a spacesuited satellite just orbiting a few hundred miles above the lunar surface.

I think your eager anticipation of things to come is well justified after seeing what the Mak. has produced for you so far.

Ron. :)

Archived