Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Yet Another Horsehead Nebula

dave_galera

Hi All,

After spending a week with Olly in Southern France I fell in love with his Baby Q, so for Christmas I decided to buy one and this image is the first with my new scope and is only the second deep space image I have taken, the first being the Orion Nebula while at Les Granges.

The image was a total of 6.6 hours in LRGB, L=43x5min, R=G=B=12x5min. I wanted a lot more RGB but the weather and the Moon beat me. The usual Darks and Flats have been applied. Alignment and stacking was done in AstroArt v5 and and all the stretching in FitsLiberator v3.

(and yes Olly I need to calm down the bright Alnitak, but actually I like it it like that lol)

I think it would benefit from some Ha but at the moment I don't have an Ha filter, but my birthday is in June, so here's hoping!!

Thanks for looking.

B33-Horsehead-and-Flame-Nebula.jpg

B33-Horsehead-and-Flame-Nebula.jpg

Great result, colours and details are very nice! I would not calm down Alnitak. It is very bright, matter of fact. :D

Thanks for comments, and yes I think I like it like this as well although maybe not strictly correct, but a bit of artists licence is allowed I think.

I have uploaded a new version as I thought the first was very noisy, so used NIK Software's Define to sort it out.

Archived