Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moving to better conditions!

Ben Cole

Well I've had my scope for 5 months or so now and it's been pretty frustrating...as expected. When I bought the telescope it was a long term purchase and knew it wouldn't get much use at first due to the awful light pollution here and too many big trees in the back garden.

Now both my wife and I are relocating which means we'll buy a house in Wales. Every time I go back there I marvel at how much more i can see in the sky.

Not that it'll bother anyone else but I just had to spout how much I'm looking forward to getting to use my scope in some good conditions.

:) :) :o:D:):o:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks everyone. I don't enjoy moving but at least I'll be in relatively dark skies after many years in and around the "big smoke".

Hopefully my astrophotgraphy will come on in leaps and bounds. :)

Bet you cant wait to get there, we have our house on the market and although the sky here is quite good I am putting off building an observatory until we move, I,m getting quite impatient about it all.

M2

That's what I'm looking forward to also. The plan is for this to be our family home for the forseeable future so it will be worth making alterations and provisions for hobbies etc. (observatory, home cinema room, garage for sports car etc :))

Up until now the wife and I have been all over the place due to education, training and career pursuit. All is great except for one hitch. I'll be working at Swanwick near Southampton so I'll have to get a shoebox down there also. :o

Where in Wales are you moving to?

I'm in Llandudno, and we have 100% cloud cover 99% of the time and on the 3 nights that it is clear I'm in the pub!

But we are a nice friendly bunch who love the land of our father's, and we promise not to burn down your holiday home!

Cymwch Ofal!

Jonathen

Archived