Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Wide field of view, low magnification.

Thirdway

I have a Skywatcher 200 Dob. I have the 25mm lens that came with it and have now bought a Baader 8-24 click zoom to cover the majority of viewing. I would like something better than the 25mm, with a better FOV and as much contrast as possible. Limit would be £100 and s/h is fine ( although looking on A certain auction site, I watched a Baader click stop sell for £160 when it can be bought new for £168, so maybe im looking in the wrong place). I prefer good eye relief, but don't wear glasses. I thought around 28/30 given my age (over 45).

Noticed a 2" TV 32mm 65 deg FOV for sale, but no mention of which one it was except to say it was Japanese? Not sure if it's worth bidding on and how much it should normally sell for?

This place says there have 184 in stock, they do have a phone number so a phone call would be recommended, i'm in the market for something around this size, price if the wife stops talking to here sister i will phone them. :D

Sky-Watcher PanaView 2 inch Eyepiece 32mm 184

They have no stock been on back order since November...:(

Noticed a 2" TV 32mm 65 deg FOV for sale, but no mention of which one it was except to say it was Japanese? Not sure if it's worth bidding on and how much it should normally sell for?

This is likely to be a Televue Wide Field, the predecessor of the Panoptic.

Though not a well corrected as the Panoptic, the TV Wide Fields were a lovely bit of kit, well worth trying to get, just be sure not to bid too high. I'd go up to £100 or so if it's in good nick, maybe a bit more, shame to lose it for the sake of a tenner.

Regards, Ed.

I have been looking at those Celestron EPs and would have bought 3, but decide to go for the zoom to simplify viewing.

I'm thinking that buying the 26 might be too close to the 25 that I already have, or is the improvement so marked that it makes no odds. Or, is there any advantage to be gained by buying the panoptic in 32.....or will I regret not upgrading my existing 25. If you had to pick one?

The Skywatcher 32mm PanaView is great wide-field eyepiece, highly rocommended, but out of stock at FLO at the mo. But a great eyepiece in my view (age 60ish!).

This is a great ep, currently my favourite. Shame there's no stock. Might be worth seeing if Flo have an eta.

The stock eyepieces are OK but no more than that. All the ones described in this thread would be a noticeable improvement - I doubt you would feel the desire to use the stock 25mm any more. The 32mm Panaview, being a 2" EP, shows a lot more sky than a 1.25" can and, from the title of this thread, I believe that is what you are looking for. A Panoptic would be even better of course but I assume this is a typo !.

.............Noticed a 2" TV 32mm 65 deg FOV for sale, but no mention of which one it was except to say it was Japanese? Not sure if it's worth bidding on and how much it should normally sell for?

I see the eyepiece you're refering to. If you google 'televue wide field 32', you should find out all the info you need about this early TV eyepiece. Bit of a collectors item, I'd guess. Not sure what it's worth. Doesn't have original lens caps or box. It's up at a fairly high price at the moment.

Andy.

You will probably skip straight from 24mm to 32mm so the 25mm or a 26mm would be redundant.

My eyepieces go 13mm - 20mm - 31mm and one of my scopes is a similar spec to yours.

Perfect. I'm thinking that a really crisp 32mm with Wide field of view would be a nice thing to scan the sky with. A bit like IMAX for telescopes.

Archived