Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Chunk of the California Neb Pt2!

SlipperySquid

Hi again all,

I posted this originally a few days ago and though happy with the final result I knew there must be room for improvement (one of the main points was that there where still remnants of a magenta caste in the bottom right of the original image that just had to go!!).

Quick recap: 30x900secs Ha =7.5hrs

18x900secs SII=4.5hrs

10x900secs OII=2.5hrs (No OIII data coming through so I gave up on that :icon_salut:)

In this image I have tweeked the colour slightly buy dropping the red channel and using the selective colour tool in CS4 to boost the cyans bringing out more detail in the bottom right of the image.

I then added a deconvolution layer as a hidden mask and blended through what I wanted to highlight without it effecting the stars.

Final tweak was a very weak contrast curve faded 50%.

This is the final outcome.

Any critique absorbed and acted upon!

Clear skies all

Matt.

post-17960-133877723275_thumb.jpg

This is the best image I have ever seen posted here given all your handicaps...:D:D:D

Great work, its nice to see you posting great images taken in the NE of England. I think you almost have the same amount of cloud cover as I do!:icon_salut::rolleyes::evil:

Seriously, its nice to see you posting again and the image is really good too.

Cheers Neil mate!

We've come a long way in a couple of years :icon_salut: even though it has pushed both of us to the edge and back! I will always appreciate your enthusiasm,dedication and pigheadedness on keeping me on the Astro path :evil:.

I fell as though I should be stood up now thanking my mother and father for making this all possible :D

Very, very nice Mr Squid, you have defiantly got the hang of narrowband image processing much better than me.

Just think what you could achieve with my dark skies & Lord Takahashi’s kit.

In fact that sounds like a plan, Neil gives me all his scopes, I put them in my obsy and capture the data, you do the processing….Neil stands around looking useful & makes the coffee….(Only way forward I think! :icon_salut:)

Mick

Thanks Peter (sorry to read about your bad luck in the motor department, I hope you get it sorted soon?)

Thanks Spikey. Filters are Astronmik 1.25" narrowband set and the filter wheel is the Atik EFW usb (The Mk1 version so only 5 slots) I just need a 7 position wheel so I can leave all my filters in and not have to worry about swapping when I fancy a bit of RGB.

Clear skies all,

Matt.

Amazing !

Thats a really stunning piece of art.

Every day & night, I logon and find myself pleasantly surprised and in awe of the achievments

made by the members of this site.

I have the time and maybe the patience, but not the equipment to create such masterpieces.

Well done !

Archived