Hello from West Ldn

mithun

Hello everyone,

A friend at work and the BBC program have inspired me to take up star gazing. I told my friend I was going to buy a telescope but he said I should join this forum if I was seriously interested.

I read posts on this forum and I realised it was not as simple as I had initially thought lol.

So I went and ordered my first pair of binoculars and cant wait to receive them in the post (hopefully tomorrow!) so I can get started!

Thanks for having me on board

Mithun

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, Mithun, and welcome to the forum.

Like a lot of people, I spent many years using nothing more than a pair of 7x50 binos, and have never regretted it. It gives you a chance to 'learn' the sky, and some objects (like big open star clusters) are more impressive in less powerful instruments.

Thanks for the praise and support guys.

I received the binoculars yesterday and hope to put them to use tonight. I will let you guys know how I get on so long as we get a clear night.

Thanks for the below too!

Hi and welcome to the forum. Take a look at fellow SGL'er Tetenterre's website here: BinocularSky - Home. It's full of useful info for binocular astronomy.

Hi Mithun and welcome to the forum. Yes as others have said, there is no rush to buy as the stars aren't going anywhere. Lots of help available here so you won't get bored or frustrated with any problem.

Clear skies

James

Archived